OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD -KU vs ISU

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
+Most importantly, the man leading our program is not drinking a celebratory beverage of his choice tonight and feeling good about a "moral victory". He is conditioned to win. He knows this was a loss.

He may not being having one of those beverages, but Ill drink 3 times as many for him. :wink:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
As Cyclone fans I believe we should be frustrated with the outcome of today's game but excited about the direction of the program. I truly believe great things are happening with ISU FB right now. As evidence I submit the following:

+We compete every play regardless of the score.

+We are young in many key positions (which is responsible for some of our troubling inconsistency).

+Chizik and staff appear to be able to recruit, coach, prepare, and adjust.

+Most importantly, the man leading our program is not drinking a celebratory beverage of his choice tonight and feeling good about a "moral victory". He is conditioned to win. He knows this was a loss.

One thing I took away from this game is that the last time KU cam to ISU they kick the Clones all over the field, and this is a much better KU team. Still would love to win, but at least every team that has beaten ISU this year left knowing they were in a fight.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I just looked at the box score and just realized that AA got 17 carries while A-Rpb only got 10. Why is that? That really needs to change. Arnaud is no Bret Meyer. I don't mind when AA runs occasionally but not 17 times.

AA was reading what the D had the option to hand it off or keep it, for example depending on if a linebacker was committed to stop the back.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
If "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts... we'd be 5-0 right now. As it is, we ARE Iowa State.

I can't say I'm overly optimistic about our chances next week because Baylor has shown flashes of adequacy and we have a road monkey on our backs the size of Mangino. However, we ARE due for one... can you say 42-14 College Station? If the Cyclone stars can finally align next week and we can pull out a huge one, I will consider it a wash with this week. I woke up this morning and expected that we would win, but still didn't think we would win next week. 1-1 going in to the Nebby game, and they are ours!

Go Cyclones!

Last edited:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I saw the game from the Jacobson building, which is nice, and the team was coming in as I was leaving. NO one was laughing, smiling, or even talking, the whole team just looked mad. Somehow that made me feel better.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Darn straight. He is 10x better, and it's not even close...

AA has plenty to work on. For starters, he needs to protect the ball better when he's running with it. I also didn't like seeing him carry it 17 times. I'd rather see him scramble and allow our receivers time to get open (more like Reesing). This was a tough loss, and I'm still not 100% sure that AA has the job wrapped up. We've now lost 3 in a row, and AA has gotten 95% of the snaps. I don't want to be too negative though. The Cyclones gave it a great effort. I just hope they don't let down against Baylor. Lose that game and it will be difficult to recover.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I know he's an idiot, but Ron Zook said

In year 1 you lose big
In year 2 you lose close
In year 3 you win close
In year 4 you win big

NIowaClone

Sep 1, 2006
Dallas, Texas
A Tale of Two Halfs

From the past two games, it has been a tale of two halfs. Against UNLV, Iowa State played like they didn't want to be there, and then in the second half, played like they were reborn. Against KU today, it was the same story, just in reverse. Granted, we were playing #16 KU, yet there appears to be a new story line for the football team. Hopefully this does not continue and we can get some W's rather than "Oh, we got close" L's. Nonetheless, Go Cyclones and come back strong next weekend!

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Re: A Tale of Two Halfs

I agree, but how many threads can we have with the same stuff over and over?

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
we need to learn to play dink and dunk spread football.why do we not have an outlet back slip off his block and taking more short or screen passes.trying to throw long balls at the end of the game is poor clock management.use your wideouts and throw tothem so they can catche the ball and takes the ball out of bounds to stop the clock. there was enough time to do that.we might have been able to score a field goal with mahoney's leg.we have made very ineffective use of the srceen pass. watch texas tech run the spread-most of their short passes turn into some long gainers.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
AA has plenty to work on. For starters, he needs to protect the ball better when he's running with it. I also didn't like seeing him carry it 17 times. I'd rather see him scramble and allow our receivers time to get open (more like Reesing). This was a tough loss, and I'm still not 100% sure that AA has the job wrapped up. We've now lost 3 in a row, and AA has gotten 95% of the snaps. I don't want to be too negative though. The Cyclones gave it a great effort. I just hope they don't let down against Baylor. Lose that game and it will be difficult to recover.

I don't like how AA always stretches the ball at the end of a run. Like one play, he was 3 yards past the first down marker, but he still stretched the ball at the end of the run. It's going to get stripped sooner or later

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I don't think there was a hold called on either offense, was there? Would be the first time I've ever seen a game without one, if so.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
This loss hurt... If we would have been able to stop one big play in the 3rd quarter, maybe I wouldn't be so pissed off. Yes, we're a young team. Yes, we're showing flashes of great things coming our way. Yes, we're even showing everyone that we can compete with anything in our path.

One thing that REALLY got my goat today though was after Kansas scored their first TD. When their team went to kick off, they were getting their crowd pumped up, waving fists, blah blah blah as the rest of the stadium watched dumbfounded. That was one of the most disheartening things to see. That it appeared that the stadium gave up (at least enough to shift momentum) the INSTANT Kansas did something in the game. If we truly want JTS to be a hard place to play at, we need to keep the energy on our side. No matter what just happened. We give up the 'mo too easily.