OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD -KU vs ISU

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I don't think there was a hold called on either offense, was there? Would be the first time I've ever seen a game without one, if so.

Nope. Just the ISU defense. On a run play. At the line of scrimmage.

head_scratch.jpg

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I wasnt pulling any "garbage" with anyone. I have heard far too many times it is a coaches "x" year and new recruits were coming in. How many times did we here about Mac's recruiting classes and the speed and athleticism. I want to beleive as much as anybody and will keep following but sometimes I think we are giving the coaches a pass when we shouldn't. As for the team, they play for the coaches and I believe in them. I do remember Dexter Green, Dwayne Crutchfield, Blaise Bryant, Joe Henderson and the list of backs we have had. I remember Hilton Magic coming alive in Johnny's first few years. We just seem to find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot and it gets frustrating.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
One last thing, I think the OC needs to get with Aurnaud and work on his long passes. Does anyone else think he just doesnt put enough "air" under them so the receiver can run to the ball? Both times today I think he had the right play but threw too flat.

Oh yeah, I am sure we have some Refs on here, what the heck is defensive holding on the line and how many times have you called it or seen it called in your career. It was my first as a fan.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
One last thing, I think the OC needs to get with Aurnaud and work on his long passes. Does anyone else think he just doesnt put enough "air" under them so the receiver can run to the ball? Both times today I think he had the right play but threw too flat.

Oh yeah, I am sure we have some Refs on here, what the heck is defensive holding on the line and how many times have you called it or seen it called in your career. It was my first as a fan.

I think he realizes this after reading some of his post game quotes. It is very refreshing to realize a player knows his faults and is willing to admit them this soon. I have no doubt that he will be working on this.(Only 5 games into his era)

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
A little late thought after reading post-game quotes.

Even Mangino thinks we're going places:

I thought Iowa State played extremely well. I’m very impressed with Iowa State. I think Iowa State is Kansas five
years ago.
They played hard, they play tough. Their coaches are sticklers for discipline and detail.

So... who here wouldn't be happy with an Orange Bowl win in about 4 years?

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Keep your heads up, ISU has a great future. Coaching staff is impressive. Sumrall's a player and Kurtis Taylor gave us trouble all day. He's one of the better Defensive ends I've seen. You have quite a few wins still on your schedule.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Keep your heads up, ISU has a great future. Coaching staff is impressive. Sumrall's a player and Kurtis Taylor gave us trouble all day. He's one of the better Defensive ends I've seen. You have quite a few wins still on your schedule.

Agreed. It starts next week.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of trying to take good things away from our losses. It's been that way for years. Having said that, I don't feel that will be the case much longer, and from the looks of it, neither does our team or staff. It's great to see effort like I saw today. Even though our record doesn't necessarily reflect it. We are a good team. I completely agree that we are a few plays here and there from being 5 - 0. Woulda coulda shoulda. I know. We aren't 5 - 0. But given the fact that we have a young team, a coaching staff in their second year, and we are playing to win, I feel more confident than I ever have about ISU football. The coaches are getting the best out of our players.
It's great see.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
oK, great game.....KU 35 - ISU 33

ISU never gave up, went toe to toe with a top 20 team in the country.

We keep getting better lets focus on positives, remember the boys and Coaches left it all out on the field today...

GO CYCLONES.....!

'nuff said:biggrin:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
To all those who are 'tired" of comming up short, all I have to say that Mac is gone and the program had to start from scratch. So there will be more to endure, and its part of the process. Strap yourself in and realize that this team/this year will show lots of promise but inevitably only tease us.

I knew(we all should have known) kansas would collect thier points yesterday and i didnt feel exceedingly safe up 20-0. Had Arnaud not fumbled the ball away late in the 2nd qtr, and ISU gets 7 then i believe KU throws in the towel though. ISU just isnt able to play strong for a full 60 minutes.

If they show marked improvement similar to last years progression, then we should get a glimpse of them playing a complete game vs B12 competition late in the year.