OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD -KU vs ISU

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm really getting sick of the "moral victory" talk.

I haven't actually seen any "moral victory" talk, aside from everyone agreeing that Chizik wouldn't play that card.

Has the team gotten better... YES. Have they played a complete game... NO.

My exact point. It's the people who don't see that things have changed, "same old same old", that I have issue with.

I agree wholeheartedly. It was momentum.

Great, now I find this post. :biggrin: And actually, we agreed.

Those who are trying to say it was fatigue are making excuses.

Sorry, that wasn't my point at all, though it could have been a factor.
What I'm disappointed in was it took 28 points before we were able to respond offensively, and with the exception of Reesing's fumble, we didn't respond defensively.

Agreed as well. Emphatically.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
It's obvious the Clones came out flat in the 3rd quarter, but I think the fans came out flat too. It's like everybody thought it was in the bag. Must have been some good halftime tailgating. I'd never blame the fans for a loss, they don't play a down - there just was not the same intensity level and I was saddened by that.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
The college game is all about converting on 3rd and 4th down. ISU's defense had KU in a hole numerous times and couldn't come up with the key stop. KU could have kicked a FG a couple different times but went for it on 4th down and got TDs instead of FGs. I hope Chizik realizes that a team like ISU will have to take chances to win in the Big 12. Settling for FGs and trying to run the ball on every 3rd and short doesn't work and has hardly ever worked for ISU... especially in the Big 12. Congrats to KU... they've got one heck of a QB and a coach who knows how to roll the dice.

Last edited:

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Great game? Great first half game. Once again we show we are a two quarter team. Up twenty no way we should lose especially at home!!!! Sorry coaching staff not very good adjustments in the 3rd quarter, change it up on the fly after that first drive in the 3rd quarter we should have known what they were going to do since we gave up a ton of yards. I am sorry, but i was disapointed with the second half. Good luck the rest of the season you may need it:sad: I love this team, but holy crap secure a lead PLEASE!!!

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
two wins this season the way we played in the third quarter not going to get it done. I think we will struggle the rest of the season, harsh but true.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Okay AClone, I have been following ISU for over 30 years now. Do you know how many times we have had "good efforts" and been on the losing side or been ahead at the half and only to lose. I dont know how many times you can drink the kool aid before you realize that you are not going to get what you expect. I am a Clone through and through, I will be back cheering next week, but to call fans who recall the days of Walden, Criner, and yes, even McCarney, shallow you might want to consider what we have been through.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
How many true freshmen and first-year players are on this team? We are a handful of plays from being 5-0. Everyone wants to win now and it's frustrating that we're this close but you have to lose these kinds of games before you can learn how to win them.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Okay AClone, I have been following ISU for over 30 years now. Do you know how many times we have had "good efforts" and been on the losing side or been ahead at the half and only to lose.

Oddly enough, I remember attending one during the Walden years against (a rated I believe) KU. ISU was up 3 or 4 TDs and lost a hearbreaker. I guess history does repeat itself...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Okay AClone, I have been following ISU for over 30 years now.

....but to call fans who recall the days of Walden, Criner, and yes, even McCarney, shallow you might want to consider what we have been through.

If it makes you feel any better, this makes season #31 for me. Yes, I remember Dexter Green. So don't pull that "you don't know what we've been through" garbage on me.

Do you know how many times we have had "good efforts" and been on the losing side or been ahead at the half and only to lose.

Yep, and how often was it in a coach's rebuilding second season, against a team that most people thought we were going to lose to by 42-17, with outstanding, even brilliant young talent on the field? Lots of brilliant young talent;

I dont know how many times you can drink the kool aid before you realize that you are not going to get what you expect.

See, I have and have presented valid reasons to show things have changed, and I get dismissed as "drinking the koolaid". And "drinking the koolaid" just means blindly believing what everyone is telling you. You should remember Jonestown, so you know that's true. So, which of us is drinking the koolaid?

Yes, and that's exactly the steaming pile of dog poo I'm referring to. To have no better reason for saying that things will bever change, just because it's always been that way.

You, of all people, should remember what it was like before Johnny walked into town, when Hilton was a ghost town on gameday. Today's women's games draw bigger crowds. And that doesn't even include the leap to Floyd and Eustachy, and a heartbeat away from the Final Four. If the basketball program can improve that much, then so can the football program.

Saying "same old same old", that things will never change, is just a big pile of horse manure.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I knew ISU was in trouble when they gave up the rediculous easy TD on KU first possession on the second half and then the 41 yard gain on the shovel pass. Great effort, but again, too many big plays given up and somehow, some way figure out how line up and gain 1 stinking yard running.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Just got home....

VERY frustrated we couldn't win this game. Saw lots of good and some bad (ehem 3rd quarter). More good than bad however.

Sick of losing these games as I'm sure most are. If we had ANY semblance of a running game, this team would be bowl bound.

I'm afraid of a letdown at Baylor. Hope I'm wrong.

What really PO's me off is that we'll probably beat Nebbie in two weeks and for whatever reason, folks will consider that a breakthrough win when in reality Nebbie stinks. I wanna win one we aren't supposed to win.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I just looked at the box score and just realized that AA got 17 carries while A-Rpb only got 10. Why is that? That really needs to change. Arnaud is no Bret Meyer. I don't mind when AA runs occasionally but not 17 times.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
One other thing I will mention. When we came out and had the ball 1st in the 2nd half, we went to the huddle for the 1st time in the game. I know that slows the game and Chiz wanted to run clock, but we play so much better when we go no huddle and just make it happen.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
As Cyclone fans I believe we should be frustrated with the outcome of today's game but excited about the direction of the program. I truly believe great things are happening with ISU FB right now. As evidence I submit the following:

+We compete every play regardless of the score.

+We are young in many key positions (which is responsible for some of our troubling inconsistency).

+Chizik and staff appear to be able to recruit, coach, prepare, and adjust.

+Most importantly, the man leading our program is not drinking a celebratory beverage of his choice tonight and feeling good about a "moral victory". He is conditioned to win. He knows this was a loss.

Reactions: coachdags