What’s going at Casey’s?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Take a screen shot and crop the size down.

My iphone I will hit "attach file"
then I go to "photo library"
click on photo you want,
at the bottom it will say "show selected", hit that,
right bottom corner it will say "actual size" hit that,
it will bring up "small, medium, large, actual size" i hit "medium",
hit "done" in upper right corner,
then hit "add"
it will bring ask you to insert, which brings up "thumbnail or full image"

I go with full image. You can shrink it down if you double tap as it will bring in red squares on the corners. It takes some practice, put your finger over the bottom right square and move it toward the upper left corner.
4B95D4F2-3742-4B56-B508-3EB78CA2A68B.jpeg

• Useful
Reactions: Al_4_State

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The old franchise stores were magical. Turnover was small so the cooks were all usually well seasoned and had the ovens dialed in. Now all locations seem to be really hit and miss. I'm not going to complaining though, it's still a cheap pizza and even when it's off it's still pretty good.
I still haven't had actually bad food from any Casey's, but I loathe the inconsistency in what's offered service-wise, and how bad the service is in comparison to Kwik Star.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I think Kum and Go pizza is pretty good. But now they are not going to have $1 slice Wednesday anymore. Supposedly moving to 2 slices for $3 instead. Is everyone dumb but Kwik Star? The last taco pizza I had at Casey's was atrocious. Now we just get Jeff's texas taco and not even think about it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I still haven't had actually bad food from any Casey's, but I loathe the inconsistency in what's offered service-wise, and how bad the service is in comparison to Kwik Star.

I've quit ordering any pizzas from Casey's with veggies on them because I've had uncooked dough too many times. For me they are a one topping pizza.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
My iphone I will hit "attach file"
then I go to "photo library"
click on photo you want,
at the bottom it will say "show selected", hit that,
right bottom corner it will say "actual size" hit that,
it will bring up "small, medium, large, actual size" i hit "medium",
hit "done" in upper right corner,
then hit "add"
it will bring ask you to insert, which brings up "thumbnail or full image"

I go with full image. You can shrink it down if you double tap as it will bring in red squares on the corners. It takes some practice, put your finger over the bottom right square and move it toward the upper left corner.
View attachment 110898
iPhone 1, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 0. I don't have the option of resizing using that step.

I have to edit the picture using the phone's picture editing software first. Then attach it.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've quit ordering any pizzas from Casey's with veggies on them because I've had uncooked dough too many times. For me they are a one topping pizza.
I quit ordering Casey's pizzas simply because there are better options for pizza in the town I live in. My neighbor owns a really good pizza place in town that I go to at least once a week to eat and often another time for happy hour. I'd rather give him my business every day.

Reactions: 2speedy1

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The old franchise stores were magical. Turnover was small so the cooks were all usually well seasoned and had the ovens dialed in. Now all locations seem to be really hit and miss. I'm not going to complaining though, it's still a cheap pizza and even when it's off it's still pretty good.
In my small hometown, we knew the cooks schedules. Order on Tuesday when they had the rookie or the cashier was pulling double duty, and you'll get a sloppy pizza that was usually undercooked. Order on any other day when Brenda worked, and it was perfection.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The urge I have to open a Quick star accross the street from the caseys in my hometown grows stronger every time I have to go in that place.

Depending on the size of the town they seem to print money, both for the corporation and the employees. Very seldom do you see a slow one. Their profit sharing program is really strong.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Had the worst pizza from Polk City casey's this weekend. Would post a photo if I could but mobile and says file is too large.
About a year ago I ordered a taco pizza from an Overland Park Casey’s, they forgot literally all the toppings. No lettuce, chips, tomatoes(?) or whatever else they put on it. Did send a few taco sauce packets though.

At least it still tasted better than I would have expected, and I ordered it through DoorDash or something and they gave me a full refund for it. Only time I’ve tried Casey’s pizza since leaving Iowa.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
In my small hometown, we knew the cooks schedules. Order on Tuesday when they had the rookie or the cashier was pulling double duty, and you'll get a sloppy pizza that was usually undercooked. Order on any other day when Brenda worked, and it was perfection.
This is what we did way back in my small town. Call to order, if the good cook answers then order the pizza. If the bad cook answers hang up.

Reactions: khardbored

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Git-N-Go = 30% chance of getting stabbed
Worked the closing shift at a GitNGo in Des Moines one summer home from college. That place was wild, an absolute **** hole. Place got robbed at gunpoint a week after I went back to Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron