What’s going at Casey’s?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Depending on the size of the town they seem to print money, both for the corporation and the employees. Very seldom do you see a slow one. Their profit sharing program is really strong.
I think a large part of Kwik Star’s rise to completely lap Casey’s in the last few years is investing in their employees. In my neck of the woods, the K Star employees are miles ahead of Casey’s and it sounds like that’s pretty common elsewhere. I think Kwik Star and Scheels are pretty similar companies, obviously in different spaces, but in terms of investing in employees and not cutting costs and making it an afterthought

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
What is a Quick Star? Is it different than Kwik Star or are you just writing it wrong? I assume you mean with a K, but it's hard to tell with all the gas station names.
I spelled it kwik it just auto corrected and I didn't notice

Reactions: VTXCyRyD

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I've never been able to figure out how to get pictures on this site. I don't know why it's so damn hard.

If you have an iPhone, attach the picture and select where it says actual size at the bottom. Switch the size to large or medium and insert the photo.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Kwik Star/Trip and QuickTrip are head and shoulders above Casey’s. Only stop at Casey’s if there isn’t anything else around.

Cyfan2021

Mar 5, 2023
Kwik Star/Trip and QuickTrip are head and shoulders above Casey’s. Only stop at Casey’s if there isn’t anything else around.
I agree but there’s not a lot of locations yet in Iowa. For gas station food, kwik star actually has decent options for a cheap price.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I agree but there’s not a lot of locations yet in Iowa. For gas station food, kwik star actually has decent options for a cheap price.
Way way way more variety than a Casey's, along with a defined section of healthier items, which is thoughtful for people who occasionally want something better than a Tornado off the hot dog roller.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think I go on the inside of a gas station like 5 times a year.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
FJ Management is a private company that owns convenience stores, oil refineries, banks and insurance businesses. In addition to Maverik, the company co-owns Pilot Flying J, the country's largest truck stop chain. The other owners are Berkshire Hathaway and Pilot Corp.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
CASY at all time high today.

All those cutbacks and shortcuts you experienced bumped up dat stock price

giphy.gif

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
CASY at all time high today.
Meanwhile their gas operation continues to suck a phat one. Either half the pumps are closed off, or the card scanner isn't working and you have to go inside, or they've added a bunch of crap to have to answer just to get to the point where you can actually gas up. Am seriously starting to hate that place.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I went to a small town Casey's for a soda this morning. Warming racks were empty, card reader didn't work.

Five gas stations in town. Three are Casey's.