Bofelli

SwirlingFloater

Dec 19, 2008
West Des Moines
I didn't see Bofelli play in high school, but it is sad that some ISU fans start bagging on the kid just because he wants to see where the coaching changes at ISU settle out.

Isn't it reasonable to think that a recruit that was verbally committed to Penn State would want to rethink his decision to go there should Joe Paterno retire unexpectedly before signing day?

(I know... comparing Chizik to Paterno might not be fair.) :biggrin:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I gotta tell ya boys...first Pollard goes after a football coach who doesnt want to be at ISU and now you want a football player who doesnt want to be at ISU, is too embarrassed to wear an ISU sweatshirt outside, and wants to be in Iowa City!!!

For the record Im wearing one of my isu sweatshirts as I am typing this!!!!

My bro in law sez it doesnt take much to get you guys goat and you know he just mite be rite!!!!:biglaugh:

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Comparing Paterno to Chizdick is like comparing a classic American Hot Dog to a crap stain left on the toilet.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I gotta tell ya boys...first Pollard goes after a football coach who doesnt want to be at ISU and now you want a football player who doesnt want to be at ISU, is too embarrassed to wear an ISU sweatshirt outside, and wants to be in Iowa City!!!

My bro in law sez it doesnt take much to get you guys goat and you know he just mite be rite!!!!:biglaugh:

I can't even begin to explain the problems with this post.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008

I have been looking for that **** goat. What did you DO to it?:wideeyed::eek:

Last edited:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I don't wish him luck, I wish him a Blake Larsen type career at Iowa!!!

Agreed. If he is pissed about Gene chiziking him then he certainly shouldn't turn around and do the same thing by chiziking Iowa State. That would just be hypocritical.

If he was really embarrassed to wear ISU gear out in public then I certainly don't want him to be allowed the honor and priviledge that it must be to suit up in the cardinal and gold.

lamp3d

Jun 29, 2008
Agreed. If he is pissed about Gene chiziking him then he certainly shouldn't turn around and do the same thing by chiziking Iowa State. That would just be hypocritical.

If he was really embarrassed to wear ISU gear out in public then I certainly don't want him to be allowed the honor and priviledge that it must be to suit up in the cardinal and gold.

Cyclonestate78, please read the forums before denigrating the kid, for the 10th time on these forums, including this thread here, boffeli was embarrased to wear the isu gear out in public because he didn't want to show off his scholarship (by wearing the isu gear) in front of his friends in school. That is what he told the paper but someone on this forum twisted it about 1 month ago and here we go again.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Cyclonestate78, please read the forums before denigrating the kid, for the 10th time on these forums, including this thread here, boffeli was embarrased to wear the isu gear out in public because he didn't want to show off his scholarship (by wearing the isu gear) in front of his friends in school. That is what he told the paper but someone on this forum twisted it about 1 month ago and here we go again.

THIS. :yes:

It has nothing to do with him being embarrassed. As the matter of fact, it doesn't even make sense for him to be embarrassed. HE accepted the offer to play football at ISU. It's not like he had to draw straws and he got the short one. This is why message boards suck at times. People have no idea, therefore they create a worse case scenario. Lots of chicken littles around here.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
He is doing everything in a kosher way. He will make the right decision for himself. I would expect Paul to go visit him next week. Kirk should be signed sealed and delivered by Wednesday.

Last edited:

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
The kid is an ISU commit until he officially commits to another school...and yet guys are coming on the #1 cyclone website (one that I can't imagine the kid reads *sarcasm*) and basically bash him.

Way to be guys I'm sure the coaches are very appreciative of your efforts to help the program.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
I liked the kid when he committed, although I don't think he'll be an impact TE in college. Looks like a future center or guard to me...and a pretty good one. Hope he sticks with ISU. I can't say I'll wish him well at iowa, but he has to do what's best for him.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

Ding .. Ding... Ding...The undesputed champion Cyclonestate78 is the winner of this thread...

And I agree with him 200%!!!!

"If my football players wont wear cyclone gear in public I sure dont want'em".....quoting Jim Criner

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Ding .. Ding... Ding...The undesputed champion Cyclonestate78 is the winner of this thread...

And I agree with him 200%!!!!

"If my football players wont wear cyclone gear in public I sure dont want'em".....quoting Jim Criner

You and Cyclonestate78 don't know what you are talking about and are sounding quite ignorant.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield

lamp3d

Jun 29, 2008
I personally know Conor, much like Ben Bruns knows Conor dominated his blocking assignments this year. He was so proud when he accepted the scholarship from ISU, he believed the coaches wanted a big, physical tight end that was able to make holes for the running backs and have the ability to catch the occasional pass. Now that the coaches are gone, who knows what the new coaches want. Conor is not embarrassed one iota of ISU and the losses they accumulated. It's tough for any college to win with as many under classman that ISU had to play. It bodes well for the future though.

I sincerely hope he doesn't read these forums. The jokester who put his two photos up followed by his infantile suggestion why conor was not looking into the camera was literally disgusting.

Last edited: