Bofelli

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Mike Busch I believe. He was in the dodgers farm system if I remember correctly...don't think he ever made it to the big show other than maybe a call-up here and there, but thought he spent several years in minor league ball.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Mike Busch I believe. He was in the dodgers farm system if I remember correctly...don't think he ever made it to the big show other than maybe a call-up here and there, but thought he spent several years in minor league ball.

Busch crossed the picket line during the strike and was basically black balled after that...

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Busch crossed the picket line during the strike and was basically black balled after that...
Kelly Goodburn did that for the Chiefs during the NFL strike in the 80s and he played for years. Won a super bowl ring with the Redskins. He punted for ISU before transferring to SW Mizzou I believe.

H2O4ISU

Aug 14, 2007
A big kid (6'4 250), multi sport athlete (football, baseball and basketball) and a good student (3.7 GPA)...yeah, we don't want local kids like this!:jimlad:

There is no question he was Iowa's for the taking at the beginning of the recruiting battle. However, our HC and his staff did a great job and offered him quickly. He was very impressed by our last HC, and the sneaking out of Ames by that HC was extremely disappointing to him and most of us fans.

Now, I haven't heard that there has been a final determination on his recruitment and eventual signing, but regardless, I will cheer this kid on wherever he might end up. Who knows...maybe he'll still be a CYCLONE! :wink:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Kelly Goodburn did that for the Chiefs during the NFL strike in the 80s and he played for years. Won a super bowl ring with the Redskins. He punted for ISU before transferring to SW Mizzou I believe.

Nice recall!!! I think Kelly went to Emporia St.? He's my uncle's homeboy and I've seen his ring, it's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeronimusClone

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Re: Bofelli - DmR story up now . . .

In the article, Bofelli's mother is quoted, saying that her son is looking at both ISU and eiu. Conor is going to revisit ISU. A decision has not been made, she says.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Nice recall!!! I think Kelly went to Emporia St.? He's my uncle's homeboy and I've seen his ring, it's pretty cool.
Well, it helps when you're from the same home town and said home town is pop. 150. Emporia State is right. I think Kelly lives in KC now. Saw him tailgating before a game there on TV. I saw his old man at the bar a few nights ago, should have asked him.

Reactions: weR138

lamp3d

Jun 29, 2008
I don't know but during the 4A football title game he missed a lot of blocks and was really slow.
Did you watch the same game I did? After completely dominating the DE for over 3 quarters, and having the Valley RB's go to his side for big yardage the other team had to move their nose guard on him for the 4th quarter. That didn't seem to help much either though as they continued to run to Boffeli's side.

OL63

May 6, 2008
Beaverdale
He is a dominating run-blocking TE that would be a great center in my opinion. Simply put, there was not a tight-side DE in 4A this year that matched up with Conor in the run game.

I would love to see him in a Cyclone uniform.

Ben Bruns

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
He could move his feet and push people backwards, unlike his highly rated teammate that just locked up on someone and leaned on them.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
He is a dominating run-blocking TE that would be a great center in my opinion. Simply put, there was not a tight-side DE in 4A this year that matched up with Conor in the run game.

Ben Bruns

About time that you started posting here. Always appreciate your input. :notworthy:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Ben Bruns

Me too! Make it happen Ben!

OL63

May 6, 2008
Beaverdale
I try to keep to myself most of the time, but people need to understand how good Conor is. He was a tremendous get for us and I'm hopeful that in his discussions with Coach Rhoads, he sees what I see - a fantastic coach and person that I was honored to be around in my time at ISU.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I try to keep to myself most of the time, but people need to understand how good Conor is. He was a tremendous get for us and I'm hopeful that in his discussions with Coach Rhoads, he sees what I see - a fantastic coach and person that I was honored to be around in my time at ISU.

Please don't. Your insights and opinions are much appreciated.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
I dont blame the new coaching staff for cutting him loose...the kid is way too slow for big 12 play...Rhoads would be better off to go into texas and recruit the 5th best player, which would be better than anything from the state of iowa!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Only we never get the 5th best player from Texas we dont even get the 10th best TE from Texas. Most Texas players come here after Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Okie St, LSU, Arizona, Arizona St, Missouri, Kansas and now Baylor & Rice don't offer. Mostly we fight with SMU, UTEP, North Texas, Wyoming, New Mexico St and New Mexico for the leftovers. If saying we don't need Boffeli makes you feel better OK, but if you really think we don't need Boffeli or players like him from Iowa you are flat out wrong. I don't usually come right out and call some one wrong. Maybe you were being sarcastic if you were I am sorry. But some people out there believe that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyingreen

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
I'm not going to get upset with any of our recruits who verballed for Chizik if they decide to re-think their decision. I would hope that they would give Coach Rhoads first shot to plead his case. If thats not good enough then best of luck. These are 17 and 18 year old kids(not men) we're talking about...

desertbound

Dec 18, 2008
Madison County, Iowa
I agree. We need players at ISU who WANT TO BE AT ISU. If this kid decides that there's a better place for him, then let's wish him good luck - even at Iowa. And like the previous note said, he's an 18 year old kid! Cut him some slack. And let's go get the next kid.

Last edited: