Bofelli

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Unbelievable. This kid never "quit" anything in his life. He is a good kid that was attracted to ISU by a coach who "quit" on us.

Go get signed up for the Iowa board for all of you who now say "he is not good enough for us". Their good at that over there!

Bofelli would have been a good addition to our team and I will always wish good kids, good luck.

I'm with you....sour grapes can't blame him. Chizik was directly connected to the university...and its possible he now has a bad taste in his mouth about ISU.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I liked what I heard about Bofelli. Best of luck to him.

If anybody is going to be surprised by some defections they don't know how coaching changes work.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I must have missed where he committed to Iowa, i havent seen it on any ISU/IOWA rivals or scout.com site. Is it in the Rag or something?

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
This would mean Lichtenburg is gone then.

Maybe at first glance, but more than likely not. Not all players have equal ratings. Not all needs are the same. Sometimes the alternative plan B is just as good. Thus not all scholarship offers are extended and worded the same. Some are take it now or never. Some are first come - first serve. Some are take it by a certain date. Some are open all the way to signing day. All schools extend and retract offers to some degree.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I must have missed where he committed to Iowa, i havent seen it on any ISU/IOWA rivals or scout.com site. Is it in the Rag or something?

I agree...it's not even speculation on the boards on those sites that I can see.

Not saying it isn't true, but I'll wait for confirmation.

hard2clone

Dec 29, 2008
Can you blame him at this point? He won't make a good D1 TE, so maybe he's thinking of going to Iowa where they have a good history of making oversized tightends into successfully linemen. Probably the best choice for him.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
The comment about Wood is very true. He was probably the best OL on that unit and will be an absolute steal for whoever gets him.
Boffeli had some injury issues this year and maybe there is some concern his body won't hold up? He is an extremely talented baseball player and may have a brighter future on the diamond.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
God, how I love these 100% rumor based threads that people take as "fact", and bounce all overt the place.

It started with the "ISU staff"...what, the "staff" of two or three? And please, after a week on the job, someone please tell me how they have such good inside information on what Rhoades is thinking already. Especially over Christmas, I doubt he's spending a lot of time cloistered with boosters sharing inside info. Probably spending his time developing inside info--and a "staff".

He didn't want to wear his ISU gear outside the house due to the season we were having...

Not true. What he said was that he didn't want to wear his gear outside the house because he'd feel like he was bragging. I like a kid that's modest, even if that seems to be a little extreme.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The comment about Wood is very true. He was probably the best OL on that unit and will be an absolute steal for whoever gets him.
Boffeli had some injury issues this year and maybe there is some concern his body won't hold up? He is an extremely talented baseball player and may have a brighter future on the diamond.

I have also heard that he has a more promising future in baseball...

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
It would be nice if we could keep this kid, we are kind of light on OG/C types for underclassmen. That said, I kinda figured we'd lose him since he was a Hawk fan growing up anyway, and Ferentz loves to recruit committed players from ISU, even though he whines like a little baby when someone does the same to him.

Had to expect to lose a few of our recruits. Life goes on, we'll find somebody better. At least he is not a DE, man we Rhoads needs to find a couple of them in the last month.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I have also heard that he has a more promising future in baseball...

actually, my last comment wasn't as harsh as it was put to me... One scout told me that Bofelli would be stupid to play football in college. If he loves baseball, he has a shot at a good career, but the second he steps foot on campus to play football his baseball career will be over because they will bulk him up too much...

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Most of the fans, maybe, but I don't think I've ever heard him do this.

You missed it. There was an article in the Des Moines Register, and it even got some national play. Basically he was whining about other schools recruiting committed players and taking them near the end of the recruiting season when the team had stopped recruiting other players of that position. I understand his point but he is being awfully hypocritical when they do the same thing.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
actually, my last comment wasn't as harsh as it was put to me... One scout told me that Bofelli would be stupid to play football in college. If he loves baseball, he has a shot at a good career, but the second he steps foot on campus to play football his baseball career will be over because they will bulk him up too much...
What was the name of the kid who played football and baseball for ISU back in the day? Bush maybe?

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
You missed it. There was an article in the Des Moines Register, and it even got some national play. Basically he was whining about other schools recruiting committed players and taking them near the end of the recruiting season when the team had stopped recruiting other players of that position. I understand his point but he is being awfully hypocritical when they do the same thing.
I remember something to that effect as well.