2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
Possible athletic 4/5 to pair with Crooks?

This would be a great add.

She played about 28 minutes a game, was a McDonalds All American out of high school…. So not likely a “back up post” but maybe she could play a lot of minutes at the 4 with some post back up minutes as well.
Averaged 10 points, about 6 rebounds and over 2 blocks a game last season at a SEC school.

Reactions: bosco

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
She's already down the path. She is very athletic for her size and obviously strong. A basic D1 strength and conditioning program is going to be enough. She should be dropping pounds naturally but not at the expense of strength.
That's great. Like I posted this all started by me posting how our Frontline could be elite next year. My mistake was listing what they EACH needed to do to achieve that. Now I'm wrongfully being accused of calling her fat and lazy.

Anyone can see That's not true the difference on how she got up and down the floor beginning of the year v. Mid-season shows the progress she made.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
That's great. Like I posted this all started by me posting how our Frontline could be elite next year. My mistake was listing what they EACH needed to do to achieve that. Now I'm wrongfully being accused of calling her fat and lazy.

Anyone can see That's not true the difference on how she got up and down the floor beginning of the year v. Mid-season shows the progress she made.

Our frontline is closer to elite than we ever have been. We are upgrading our roster over the losses. And our younger players keep improving.

Reactions: NWICY

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
That's what I ******* said.

You were lamenting with the loss of Bristow we would not be able to achieve an SEC quality frontline. You are wrong. I am saying we have already overcome the loss of Bristow with the additions we have made already. We are preseason Top 10. We are a very good team heading into next year. And Audi is already elite.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You were lamenting with the loss of Bristow we would not be able to achieve an SEC quality frontline. You are wrong. I am saying we have already overcome the loss of Bristow with the additions we have made already. We are preseason Top 10. We are a very good team heading into next year. And Audi is already elite.

No, I made those comments before Bristow left and have stated multiple times Williams, Harris is an upgrade over Diew, Bristow. But that just doesn't seem to sink in with some of you. Especially you.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I know all about her. She can do whatever she wants and I'll still root for her. Her all conference accolades were based on numbers. But if you take the Cardinal glasses off for a minute you'll see we had far too many turnovers trying to get her the ball. She cuts that down drastically by working on her explosion in the offseason. That would lead to a leaner version.

I was a LB/C in high school. 6'1 210ish. I knew the sooner I got under 200 for BB the better I felt (especially my knees). Usually by late February I was around 185. Not trying to compare myself to a D1 athlete. Just saying dropping a little helps you athleticly as well as ware and tear.

Joint stress is real in BB. Erin Brocka after her first season as the Director of Strength and Conditioning for Iowa State women's basketball, must be focused on protecting Audi's knees especially. Diet, strength, and conditioning can help.

Reactions: Cyforce

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I know all about her. She can do whatever she wants and I'll still root for her. Her all conference accolades were based on numbers. But if you take the Cardinal glasses off for a minute you'll see we had far too many turnovers trying to get her the ball. She cuts that down drastically by working on her explosion in the offseason. That would lead to a leaner version.

I was a LB/C in high school. 6'1 210ish. I knew the sooner I got under 200 for BB the better I felt (especially my knees). Usually by late February I was around 185. Not trying to compare myself to a D1 athlete. Just saying dropping a little helps you athleticly as well as ware and tear.
You think her numbers were empty? She was all conference because she was one of the most dominant posts in the country and the Big 12 in conference play. They weren't empty points. She was the primary force in that team far exceeding expectations. Just a horrible take.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Notes on Dauda:

She is a 6'4" forward from Bentonville who was ESPN #13 overall and #1 post in 2021 as well as a McD AA. She initially verballed Baylor but reopened her recruitment when Mulkey left for LSU, ending up at Arkansas. She has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

She missed 2021-22 due to injury, In 2022-23 she came off the bench the entire season, logging some decent stats in about 11 mpg, but nothing spectacular. She then broke out in 2023-24, starting all 33 games and averaging 29 mpg. She shot 45.5% from the field (52.6% 2pt, 31.9% 3pt). 10.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg. She had 74 blocks in 33 games.
Would seem to be several magnitudes better of a post than anyone was expecting!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You think her numbers were empty? She was all conference because she was one of the most dominant posts in the country and the Big 12 in conference play. They weren't empty points. She was the primary force in that team far exceeding expectations. Just a horrible take.
Now you're just making **** up. I swear you people just feed off each other.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
What should Kelsey and AJ work on improving this offseason?

For Kelsey, I think she needs to improve her defensive quickness as much as she can. There were times on defense she would get beat badly laterally and give up an easy drive to the basket. The things she was great at was being a spark to create some energy, diving after balls, and getting tough offensive rebounds.

AJ should work on aggressiveness with the ball in her hand. She didn't handle ball pressure that well and would get caught up badly in full-court press situations. She could very well be out PG in the 25-26 season. AJ played good defense and shot 3's at a 41% clip albeit on a lowish number of attempts.
Joens needs to work on ball handling. She has a willingness to drive into the lane, but she struggles to handle the ball in traffic and get to a finishing move, mostly relying on the hope to get fouled. Defensively, foot speed should be a focus, but she also makes so many plays with her hustle.

AJ needs to work on her left hand and staying under control on the drive. She gets moving too fast and often falls on her way to the hoop. She also needs to work on handling pressure in full court and half court scenarios.

Reactions: ZorkClone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Then what is "her all conference accolades were based on numbers" trying to say? It was obvious her accolades were based on numbers and impact.
She had great numbers. Improving post positioning will take her to another level. Something she didn't prioritize much until she went up against Stanford. To clarify this she was standing on the block far too often with her feet together and a hand in the air. I'm sure that worked fine in HS but not so much in major CBB.

According to your crew constructive criticism is basically the equivalent of calling her fat and lazy. Probably racist too.

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
This would be a great add.

She played about 28 minutes a game, was a McDonalds All American out of high school…. So not likely a “back up post” but maybe she could play a lot of minutes at the 4 with some post back up minutes as well.
Averaged 10 points, about 6 rebounds and over 2 blocks a game last season at a SEC school.
With her, Final Four possibilities. Without, perhaps Elite Eight. Some will be recruited by team potential, others PT. Focus on the former.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Since it sounds like you have no personal knowledge of Audi's S&C program, but just making cookie cutter assumptions. I'll make a similar assumption by stating your analogy seems pretty off base. Sounds to me like you were gorging yourself on Sizzler steaks, protein and creatine powder while lifting weights 2 hours a day over the summer to get up to 210lbs. So your natural weight as an 18 year old was probably 185!

Would fitness help Audi. Sure. It would help 100% of people walking the earth today. But I'll leave it up to Audi and ISU's S&C staff to decide what's her best build.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Kudos to @mred for at least posting something relevant to the thread on "additions" to the roster. And a very good find on the recruiting at that!

Interesting that the "list" for Maryam Dauda, if accurate, also includes KSU that has a standout post already. Maybe she would be interested in playing the 4 along side a strong post. That would certainly give us something we have never had before.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Since it sounds like you have no personal knowledge of Audi's S&C program, but just making cookie cutter assumptions. I'll make a similar assumption by stating your analogy seems pretty off base. Sounds to me like you were gorging yourself on Sizzler steaks, protein and creatine powder while lifting weights 2 hours a day over the summer to get up to 210lbs. So your natural weight as an 18 year old was probably 185!

Would fitness help Audi. Sure. It would help 100% of people walking the earth today. But I'll leave it up to Audi and ISU's S&C staff to decide what's her best build.

Audi looks like she is much more physically fit. And as the season progressed and she got more physically fit she began to dominate inside. Audi has a basketball future that she is destined to achieve. She is a unique talent and her achievements are a result of her hard work. Audi is dedicated and coachable. Fennelly is enjoying this group and knows they are special.

Reactions: NWICY