What I know about the Prohm/Alabama speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I dunno. He constantly takes the heat for the team's performance himself. I respect that. But maybe he'll do the thing he's never done that you think he DOES do for the first time.
Go to bed. You’ll feel better in the morning.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Here we go...ISU was not and has rarely been a legit top ten team.

Prohm, quite literally, took over the #7 team in the country. That's what ISU was ranked the first time he took the floor with them in 2015.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Prohm also took over a program that fred left with a massive hole in recruiting.

Is he perfect? No. Could things get a loooot worse? Yep.
You realize that Prohm had 5 and 4 Current NBA players on his first teams. 1000 days after taking the job he still had a PG that Fred recruited and was still using him tonight. This bare cupboard argument is BS. You are acting like Fred pulled a Licklighter.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Agree. I wish at some point we could recruit some muscle. Someone that can rebound and play defense when we come up against big teams. Jared Homan 2.0

Someone like Solomon Young? Really have to wonder how different the season would have been with him healthy.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm ok with the coach but if he loses all if his players, things might get a little hairy

This is what I'm fearing. I think we're going to see some serious attrition. Just have a gut feeling, nothing more.

I think that's why things got so ugly down the stretch for this team. It was everyone for themselves because they all were planning on going to the NBA, or transferring, or whatever.

And if Prohm all of the sudden does leave for Alabama, I think that will really be a sign that guys are jumping ship and so that will be why Prohm does too.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Feels like a bunch of people are leaving no room for nuance. There's a lot of space in between "Prohm is terrible and I want him gone now" and "Prohm is amazing and has done incredible things."

I think he has done a decent job, on the whole, over these past four years. He inherited an unusual situation. The NCAAT results aren't what you want; the B12T results are better than you would expect; the regular season results are mostly fine and maybe a bit below your hopes (but not by a ton).

I think 19-20 will be a big season for him - if it is a disappointment, he could be on the hot seat in 20-21. This sport is all about March and Prohm has, unfortunately, not been great there. His best NCAAT win is over a 12 seed.
If next year is bad then he shouldn’t get to 20-21. His seat is warm going into next year. Won’t take a lot to keep his job but definitely could lose it. Even if we lose significant pieces we should still make the tournament next year.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You realize that Prohm had 5 and 4 Current NBA players on his first teams. 1000 days after taking the job he still had a PG that Fred recruited and was still using him tonight. This bare cupboard argument is BS. You are acting like Fred pulled a Licklighter.

And aside from last year, which was a hole created by fred, and injuries on top of that, Prohm has largely maintained in most areas.

Don't get me wrong, i have several complaints, but overall he's not failing here, at least so far.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If next year is bad then he shouldn’t get to 20-21. His seat is warm going into next year. Won’t take a lot to keep his job but definitely could lose it. Even if we lose significant pieces we should still make the tournament next year.

If Prohm misses the tournament next year I would say there is a 1% chance of Jamie firing him.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron