What I know about the Prohm/Alabama speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Just figured I'd put something out on this since it's such a hot topic right now nationally.

As of now, I just don't think there is anything to it. I can't find anything of substance other than the national guys speculating on Prohm's name, which I totally understand due to his connections there. That's just how this business works. Find ties, who knows what AD, who was an assistant where, etc.

From what I know, Prohm is happy at Iowa State and wants to stay for the foreseeable future.

There is always the financial caveat. March is weird and things get silly this time of season.

But again - as of now - I think this is a non-story.

Will be sure to update you all on anything if I believe that changes.
I just hope Prohm's showing against tOSU was good enuf to keep Alabama interested.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You realize that Prohm had 5 and 4 Current NBA players on his first teams. 1000 days after taking the job he still had a PG that Fred recruited and was still using him tonight. This bare cupboard argument is BS. You are acting like Fred pulled a Licklighter.

How did this NBA roster compare to other teams with NBA lottery picks and such?

Did you see Naz Long as even a fringe NBA player? Nader?

How did Ben Simmons' college team do?

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
So, you saw Nader as a draft pick after his one year with Fred? You saw Naz as a guy who would play in the the NBA? Deonte Burton never played a second for Fred, but you thought he was an nba player after his half season?

Ummm yeah I thought they looked very solid with a bright future. Much more potential than Jeff Beverly. I think we all knew he had zero nba potential along with several other transfers Prohm has brought. Besides the point though I was just agreeing with several other posters that get tired of people acting like Fred completely screwed Iowa state and Prohm and left absolutely nothing behind.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycloneman24

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
And this is my biggest issue with it all.

We have the best offensive talent in the Big 12 and I would argue it got progressively worse throughout the year.
This. There is no offense. What is the offesnsive identity? Transition? That’s about as helpful as having an identity of special teams in football.

Just roll the ball out and hope your players make plays. Middle school teams run more set plays than ISU. And then the inbound plays...We literally forfeit a would be advantage a just hope to safely get the ball in.

Prohm anticipated the 4 guard lineup being a bigger mismatched than it was, and never adjusted in games where it wasn’t working.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

We have the best offensive talent in the Big 12 and I would argue it got progressively worse throughout the year.

Some high skilled guys but ISU was an easy team to guard when the offense turned into a dribblefest.

Happened again last night when they just needed a good look. You either figure it out or you don't.

• Agree
Reactions: CyclonePigskin

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area

This game was kind of the perfect storm. A tough, defensive-minded, slow-paced team coupled with an officiating crew who allowed very physical play.

Everything I read said Wesson was a really good player IF he could stay out of foul trouble. He did that for the most part due to officiating style but also due to tOSU defense.

We did drive the lane and tried to take it at Wesson but tOSU guards did really good job protecting Wesson. Then, if we did get into the lane our guards seemed to fall away from him instead of going right at him. Then the few time in the beginning of the game when we did take it at him, he maintained vertically well.

• Agree
Reactions: BandAlum

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
It might be funnier that he thinks they'll lure Beard away
Why is that funny? Texas Tech fans don’t support the program and don’t travel well. It’s not crazy to think he’d leave for Alabama. WHP 810 out of Kansas City was talking the other day about how Tech fans need to realize what they have in Beard before he bolts because he has no fan support. I’m not saying Alabama basketball fans are better, it’s very plausible he could look at it as a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.