What’s going at Casey’s?

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
All those cutbacks and shortcuts you experienced bumped up dat stock price

giphy.gif
and the increase in oil price, which is driving their margins.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I drive around a lot for my work and hit several Caseys stores a day. Just about every one has out of order fountain pop. Drives me crazy.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I'm in northeast Iowa, barely an hour from where Kwik Trip/Star is headquartered, so they've always been in this area as long as I can remember. 10 years Kwik Star vs. Casey's was a legitimate, serious debate. Today that's unthinkable. It's a product of both KS's growth and improvement, and Casey's going down the shitter.

My (admittedly uninformed) opinion: Casey’s has also grown like mad, but via acquisition, and the investment to purchase other stores has come at the expense of the existing ones. The gas station that we always hit on the way out of Schaumburg, IL was a Casey’s last time we were there, which seems like a big change in their business model, too. It’s like seeing a Pizza Ranch in Minneapolis.

So they’ve got great growth and great stories for the earnings reports, but everyone who has stopped at a Casey’s in the last 5 years knows where this is headed.

Reactions: Cycho1 and CyNews

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I must be pretty lucky because Casey's is pretty much the only place I get gas and I never have the issues you guys are talking about.
You're lucky. I have probably 5 within 15 minutes of me and every one of them have been having all of the issues I mentioned. I pulled into one a few weeks back and they literally had yellow police-style tape around the entire perimeter of the pump stations, none of them were usable. Lol.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You're lucky. I have probably 5 within 15 minutes of me and every one of them have been having all of the issues I mentioned. I pulled into one a few weeks back and they literally had yellow police-style tape around the entire perimeter of the pump stations, none of them were usable. Lol.

I usually use the one in Colfax, one in State Center, the three in Newton and one on Mills Civic in WDM which no issues.

Reactions: carvers4math

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Because they haven’t? We just got a breakfast pizza for free this week. They just keep track of it instead of tearing them off the box
I got one too about 10 days ago...But

I got an email about 3 weeks ago. All GEE WHIZ, we're giving double points on pizza orders. How can we do this? We're eliminating that program as of some fairly soon date.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I usually use the one in Colfax, one in State Center, the three in Newton and one on Mills Civic in WDM which no issues.
If that's been your experience, that's awesome. Good for you. That ain't been my experience in Warren County.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Caseys used to be very hit or miss when it came to quality of stores. The Casey’s in my hometown wasn’t very good growing up so I didn’t understand why people loved their pizza.

Casey’s is much more consistent between stores nowadays. It is consistently bad.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I got one too about 10 days ago...But

I got an email about 3 weeks ago. All GEE WHIZ, we're giving double points on pizza orders. How can we do this? We're eliminating that program as of some fairly soon date.
Glad we got ours then. You live in a small town, you don’t have many choices. But last time I got gas with dog in the car, a worker came out and gave him a Milk Bone so there’s a win!

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Someone at Casey's corporate must have been paid under the table for pushing through their new point of sales system. Flakiest piece of garbage I've ever seen. Crashing constantly, won't tap or read cards. Absolute garbage.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Half of their gas pumps are so worn out you can't even read the digital displays on them anymore.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
We use that one north of Indianola frequently without issues.
Was there yesterday. Pulled up to one pump, the scanner had an error code on the screen. Pulled around to a second one, inserted my card, it didn't recognize my card, pulled around to a third pump, it said it didn't recognize my card, had to go in and prepay using the card the pump didn't recognize with no issues. Just a pain.