What’s going at Casey’s?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I had a large boner for Casey’s and grew up on it. However, I drive a ton for work the last 6-7 years and you are 100% on the money. Casey’s totally blows in comparison.

I'm the same way. I grew up in rural NW IA and we had one of the original franchise locations up there. I miss those stores. Casey's lost me when they decided to change to logo and installed the grind and brew by the cup coffee. It's sh!t and it literally takes out the whole "convenience" factor.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy and urb1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That’s is if you only get rewards for pizza. But we punch in our number for gas and other purchases, and also use them for free pizza and we always have a ton of rewards anyway. Frequently save them up until we have lots of people around and then get lots of free pizzas.

We have five gas stations nearby and four of them are Casey’s so I don’t see this dramatically impacting our lives.
Next month the pizza thing stops and you get 20 points for every pizza dollar. So it goes from 2 green after 10 to basically the rewards gets you a free one after 12.5 then.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I drive around a lot for my work and hit several Caseys stores a day. Just about every one has out of order fountain pop. Drives me crazy.

That's not just Casey's it happens all the time at Kum and Go too. These stores all expect Pepsi and Coke to take care of things and hold almost no backfill inventory. The beverage business absolutely PAMPERS stores to the point where the stores won't even restock their own shelves.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Meanwhile their gas operation continues to suck a phat one. Either half the pumps are closed off, or the card scanner isn't working and you have to go inside, or they've added a bunch of crap to have to answer just to get to the point where you can actually gas up. Am seriously starting to hate that place.

Every time. I quit going to Casey’s unless I order a pizza. Just dreadful gas pumps.

The newest thing in my town of Norwalk, you have to use door dash to get a pizza delivered. I just basically quit with them

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Caseys used to be very hit or miss when it came to quality of stores. The Casey’s in my hometown wasn’t very good growing up so I didn’t understand why people loved their pizza.

Casey’s is much more consistent between stores nowadays. It is consistently bad.

My small town Casey's pizza growing up was fire. There were two ladies who worked the oven for like 20 years. It was legit really good pizza.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I got one too about 10 days ago...But

I got an email about 3 weeks ago. All GEE WHIZ, we're giving double points on pizza orders. How can we do this? We're eliminating that program as of some fairly soon date.

Weird I haven't got anything at all.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Gas at $4.09/gal and this is what people are ******** about? Lol.

It was 3.69 in Ankeny yesterday. The price is going down. Des Moines Register had an article earlier this week and they interviewed honcho of GasBuddy. He said two refineries went down for maintenance at the same time which caused prices to rise due to lack of supply. Those refineries are back online now and supply is normalizing.

Winner winner! But seriously when are the cheap winter gas prices starting?

Same article said winter blend gas is coming this week.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It was 3.69 in Ankeny yesterday. The price is going down. Des Moines Register had an article earlier this week and they interviewed honcho of GasBuddy. He said two refineries went down for maintenance at the same time which caused prices to rise due to lack of supply. Those refineries are back online now and supply is normalizing.

accidentally at the same time....

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Wasn't there a big refinery that had a large fire too?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
You’re right. Doing some quick math it will take about 12.5 to get a free one.

Kind of fine with it going away. Don't order pizza from them that much anyway after the bs they done with few taco chips on their taco pizza.

Plus it never failed that when I had a free one there would be a discount on pizza but since I had a free one saved I couldn't do the deal and save my free one for next time.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I still think the food at Casey's is pretty decent, but I'm mostly butt hurt that they discontinued made-to-order subs (which blew Subway out of the water at one point), and I just hate their overall customer service so much that I try to avoid them when convenient.
One of the Casey’s subs I had a few years ago was legitimately the best sub sandwich I’ve ever had in my life, and I’ve had a lot of them. I have a Casey’s on my way home from work that probably once every two weeks I’d just get a sub for supper. Great supper for less than $10. The day they quit making them was a dark day

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My weird Casey's pizza take:

The individual slices you purchase taste better than the slices when you buy a whole pizza.

I have similar takes for other stuff:
1. Coke tastes better as fountain pop than is does in a bottle or can.
2. Pepsi tastes better out of a can than it does in a plastic bottle.
3. Mt Dew tastes better from a plastic bottle than it does out of a can.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

The individual slices you purchase taste better than the slices when you buy a whole pizza.

Agree completely. I prefer the general texture too. Sometimes the whole pizza slices get too doughy on the crust and the individual ones are always right on.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Agree on your pizza take.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny

Maybe it has something to do with the extra time the pizza spends in the carousel warmer.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey

There is a reason for this phenomenon. A lot comes from how they mix the syrup. For example, McDonald's adds more syrup compared to carbonated water to their machines which is why people think they have the best sprite and diet coke.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
There is a reason for this phenomenon. A lot comes from how they mix the syrup. For example, McDonald's adds more syrup compared to carbonated water to their machines which is why people think they have the best sprite and diet coke.

Someone at Wendy's needs to go back to school then, because the Sprite at those FreeStyle self-serve machines, always has the worst tasting Sprite.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames

Incorrect

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
It's supposedly delivered differently to McDonalds too. In steel tanks vs plastic bags. And their whole setup is different from most other fast food places.

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron