Transfer Portal Tracker

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
you mean the obvious targeting that happened twice on one play? This play is why i will forever say **** texas. I hope they choke on Bevos beef stick from here to eternity
Not to mention you can clearly see him cover the ball before contact, he just got drilled by an illegal tackle, but **** him I guess?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Really?? I didn't want to do this but come on! I think we are caught up in the moment. However; If I told you that QB X started 12 games. Of those 12 games, in 3 of them he threw for under 200yds. In 10 of them, he threw for well under 250yds..He had two games where he threw for over 300yds. With 2 multiple int games. Don't even factor in pick sixes. This is not an amazing year. This is a redshirt freshman put in horrible position and the coaches making lemonade out of lemons and the Big 12 coaches rewarding him for a decent year. I won't have to wait long for those numbers to be duplicated. Purdy just did way better under harder circumstances. I would say Brock had better weapons but Rocco also had a year in the program. Both had great defenses. I look forward to seeing Rocco progress but his play did not blow me away like most appear to have been on here. However; he showed a skillset and intangibles that if groomed the right way can do some damage in future.
C'mon man, you did it, hit me right between the eyes. Just not nice.

Yep, numbers like Rocco had this year just happen all of the time!

Last QB not named Purdy to throw for more yards in a season? Austen Arnaud 2008 - a mere 15 years ago
Last QB not named Purdy to throw for more TDs in a season? Todd Bandhauer 1997 - A scant 26 years ago

Rocco freshman year - 20 TDs, 8 INT
Brock Freshman year - 16 TDs, 7 INT

And Brock didn't play against Iowa, Oklahoma or TCU his Freshman year.

Set all that statistics aside - this team does not win 7 games with any of the other QBs on the roster leading it. Probably 4 better QBs in the Big XII this year - Ewers, Gabriel, Green and Plumlee. Some will say Howard but I am not buying that, KSU underperformed.

So I think you are right and good thing you can look at Rocco's performance with much more clarity than the Big XII coaches and see he is just another decent Freshman QB.

great2baclone

May 7, 2014

Last QB not named Purdy to throw for more yards in a season? Austen Arnaud 2008 - a mere 15 years ago
Last QB not named Purdy to throw for more TDs in a season? Todd Bandhauer 1997 - A scant 26 years ago

Set all that statistics aside - this team does not win 7 games with any of the other QBs on the roster leading it. Probably 4 better QBs in the Big XII this year - Ewers, Gabriel, Green and Plumlee. Some will say Howard but I am not buying that, KSU underperformed.

So I think you are right and good thing you can look at Rocco's performance with much more clarity than the Big XII coaches and see he is just another decent Freshman QB.
So you are going to totally ignore the fact that offenses particularly ISUs offense has changed from run first with 1,000 yard backs like the Davis Brothers, Ennis Haywood, Stevie Hicks, A Rob etc which there was no need to throw for as many TDs. I'm glad you pointed out what Brock accomplished in way less games. You failed to mention in those stats that in 5 of those games which is almost half he threw 1 or less touchdowns. Rocco was a great game manager who didnt lose game. That was exacty what we needed to win 7 games. We beat Ohio its 8. We won because we have an elite defense that kept us in games and Rocco did a great job of not losing us many which is commendable.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
A transfer portal tracker thread that’s dominated by speculation if our current qb is better than our qb from 2 years ago. Also, if our current true freshman back up will change positions.

Never change CF.

Last edited:

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
Seriously???
I can't believe someone is dumb enough to take that as seriously.

But to double down and say a healthy Mahomes somehow changes the carnage LanRam inflicted just shows how stupid you are. Do the world a favor and get yourself spade or neutered immediately.
You are a complete DB. Nothing else needs to be said.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
If someone is going to pay Rocco $1M or more, he should consider it. Nothing about the NFL is even close to expected or guaranteed for him.

No clue how much we can scrape together, but I suspect it would seem immaterial.
His dad will make this call ... and given his dad's coaching experience with wanna be NFL players, my guess is he will tell his son to stay with the system and coaches that have brought him this far. To switch systems now and chase money will always be there.

Reactions: 83Clone and wing59

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011

His analysis also ignores the wide receivers and sneior tight ends that Purdy had to throw to. Doesnt' take away from Brock's accomplishments... but the surrounding talent around Purdy was much more experienced.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
So you are going to totally ignore the fact that offenses particularly ISUs offense has changed from run first with 1,000 yard backs like the Davis Brothers, Ennis Haywood, Stevie Hicks, A Rob etc which there was no need to throw for as many TDs. I'm glad you pointed out what Brock accomplished in way less games. You failed to mention in those stats that in 5 of those games which is almost half he threw 1 or less touchdowns. Rocco was a great game manager who didnt lose game. That was exacty what we needed to win 7 games. We beat Ohio its 8. We won because we have an elite defense that kept us in games and Rocco did a great job of not losing us many which is commendable.
Yet in your analysis you also ignore that Purdy had no tds and 1 int against texas, only 1 td against Baylor, 1 td against Drake, and as many ints as td against KSU that year.

great2baclone

May 7, 2014
Yet in your analysis you also ignore that Purdy had no tds and 1 int against texas, only 1 td against Baylor, 1 td against Drake, and as many ints as td against KSU that year.
Brock was also true freshman not redshirt. It's a HUGE difference! Who is to say in the extra games he doesn't have better stats or plays better in those games from the earlier experience? Brock had Hakeem Butler though and I feel that helped him immensely. I'm not comparing the 2 qbs because I'm my opinion their first years aren't comparable. The eye test of watching Brock vs Rocco is night and day. When you saw Brock you felt a star was born. When you see Rocco your like ok. With some work and some more surrounding parts we might have something.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Well good luck to you sir because you are going to have a Looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg wait to see someone come into ISU and perform better than Rocco did this year. At any position.

This isn’t a great take. I think Rocco did great this year, especially under the circumstances, but come on.

Reactions: WhoISthis

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
This isn’t a great take. I think Rocco did great this year, especially under the circumstances, but come on.
Well for the next 2-3 years it is Rocco, if the QB after him comes in and performs the same, I will gladly eat crow. Just looking at how long it has been between QBs that perform like this. Purdy is the only one in last 15 years and my whole point is, Rocco played at the same level Purdy did his freshman year. I'll stick with the take.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Well for the next 2-3 years it is Rocco, if the QB after him comes in and performs the same, I will gladly eat crow. Just looking at how long it has been between QBs that perform like this. Purdy is the only one in last 15 years and my whole point is, Rocco played at the same level Purdy did his freshman year. I'll stick with the take.
No bash on Purdy, but Brock also had a better roster around him his freshman year compared to Rocco this season.

Reactions: cyclone1209

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Welp, it is clear that NIL and transfer portal are ruining college sports.

He have a shot?
He’s got the size, will depend if he picks up any senior bowl invites or anything and how he tests. If he tests well he could sneak into the later rounds. The nfl is desperate for offensive line talent and each team has 15 OL at a minimum for training camp/early preseason.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
No bash on Purdy, but Brock also had a better roster around him his freshman year compared to Rocco this season.

How was Brock’s freshman Iowa State team doing BEFORE Brock was put in the lineup? We were 1-3 going into Oklahoma State game. Our lone win was over Akron. I’m not buying your BS that Iowa State had a good team that had a better roster than we have now before Brock was put in the lineup.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron