Transfer Portal Tracker

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
How was Brock’s freshman Iowa State team doing BEFORE Brock was put in the lineup? We were 1-3 going into Oklahoma State game. Our lone win was over Akron. I’m not buying your BS that Iowa State had a good team that had a better roster than we have now before Brock was put in the lineup.

First game gets canceled due to weather, Kempt gets hurt in the Iowa game on the road, lose to a playoff bound Oklahoma team by 10 at home, and then lose to TCU on the road by 3. Tough way to start the season. I would take the 2018 roster over this year's roster.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
First game gets canceled due to weather, Kempt gets hurt in the Iowa game on the road, lose to a playoff bound Oklahoma team by 10 at home, and then lose to TCU on the road by 3. Tough way to start the season. I would take the 2018 roster over this year's roster.

Mike Rose was a true Frosh starter at LB. Kolar TE freshman. That roster was extremely young. Lots of potential as we know how they developed. We sucked with Zeb at QB. The difference was Brock.

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Mike Rose was a true Frosh starter at LB. Kohler TE freshman. That roster was extremely young. Lots of potential as we know how they developed. We sucked with Zeb at QB. The difference was Brock.

We weren't good with a quarterback that transferred down to FCS and didn't play? Color me shocked.

Having two NFL draft picks on offense in Montgomery and Butler is better than anything Rocco had this year.

• Winner
Reactions: CoKane

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Glad we're really tracking the transfer portal in this thread....
Wow. I agree. A bunch of people think they are a QB whisperer. What a bunch of non-informed nonsense. QB's never stop growing and changing, including Mahomes and Brady. Did Rocco have a great year, yes. Can he improve? Yes. Do we expect him to improve? Yes. Back to the main topic, I hope.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
We weren't good with a quarterback that transferred down to FCS and didn't play? Color me shocked.

Having two NFL draft picks on offense in Montgomery and Butler is better than anything Rocco had this year.

Butler dropped easy passes. That is why he did not make it. Couldn’t count on him. Made the great catch. Drop the easy catch on a 3rd down.

Abu is an NFL guy. More potential than Montgomery IMO. Higgins could be a pro. Jaylin Noel. Rocco had some weapons this year. The TD’s in the last game were more about great runs and YAC. Rocco distributed and got the ball to the playmakers. Rocco is great. Young. Too soon to say he is better than Purdy.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Purdy had a great sophomore year. Digressed a bit after that.
Regressed? No, I would say that he didn't improve on the trajectory arc in our imaginations. I'd also say that once the staff realized what they had, they limited the scrambling/run portion of his game which limited his effect to an extent.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021

Disagree. There are arguably more potential NFL draft picks on this offense than that year.

Hufford - late round , possibly free agent, but could very get drafted late
Noel - likely drafted
Higgins - likely a draft pick
Brahmer - very early, but shows signs of being a draft pick

Sama - impossible to know but if he develops, has the attributes to be a draft pick

Black - I mean, again, impossible to tell but the dude started on the OL as a true freshman. So presuming he gets better in his time here - then there's a chance

Reactions: demoncore1031

Run Faster

Sep 28, 2020
I’m right….no I’m right… me…I appreciate both guys! Brock for making more a reality and Rocco for the potential to take it a step further. Both guys are similar in many regards…but most importantly the guys are about the team’s success. Both represent the program in the best way possible. So about the transfer portal?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Butler dropped easy passes. That is why he did not make it. Couldn’t count on him. Made the great catch. Drop the easy catch on a 3rd down.

Abu is an NFL guy. More potential than Montgomery IMO. Higgins could be a pro. Jaylin Noel. Rocco had some weapons this year. The TD’s in the last game were more about great runs and YAC. Rocco distributed and got the ball to the playmakers. Rocco is great. Young. Too soon to say he is better than Purdy.
People forget Butler's huge drop against Iowa that ended up costing ISU the game.

3rd down, at ISU's end of the field. Wide open in the middle, shorter pass but plenty of room to run.

Drop.

• Puke
Reactions: amishclone

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Regressed? No, I would say that he didn't improve on the trajectory arc in our imaginations. I'd also say that once the staff realized what they had, they limited the scrambling/run portion of his game which limited his effect to an extent.
Do you realize how bad our offensive lines were for Brock's Jr and Senior years?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron