Transfer Portal Tracker

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

Bahahahahaha. Photo shoots. Yeah, that's the primary distraction in college football recruiting.

giphy.webp

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Why would you doubt teams are willing to pay well in excess of $1,000,000 for him? He was just awarded Big 12 offensive freshman of the year. Matt Rhule just said and I quote: "Make no mistake, a good QB in the portal costs $1-2 million." I think he likely takes a major jump from freshman to sophomore as well. I think some fans may be undervaluing Rocco.
I don’t doubt qb’s are getting $1-2 million. I don’t think Rocco would demand that price.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Thank God the NCAA is all over the critical issues of the day :confused:
Read something about coaches hating doing them and they were getting really expensive so instead of individual coaches having to say no, they just put in a blanket ban.

Everybody hates the NCAA anyway so this was an easy one.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I don’t doubt qb’s are getting $1-2 million. I don’t think Rocco would demand that price.
Big 12 freshman OPOY. Guy has 3 more years of eligibility left. Almost led a team full of freshman and sophs to the Big 12 title game. I dunno he is pretty gosh darn good. Like I said earlier I think he takes a major leap next season as well and cuts out some of those bad turnovers.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I love Rocco and hope he's here for 3 more years. If he's not, we'll move on like we always do. I doubt we could or should spend 1 million on one player.
I dont think he is going anywhere. Just reporting what Ive heard that offers well in excess of $1,000,000 are on the table. Our fanbase should be extremely excited. A QB of that caliber leading a group consisting of Sama, Noel, Higgins, Jackson and Brahmer has a chance to have an absolute breakthrough year in the first season of the new Big 12.

Cyforce

Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Mahomes was playing through a shoulder injury that game. Lanning certainly had a better game, but a healthy Mahomes potentially could have changed the entire landscape of that game.
Seriously???
I can't believe someone is dumb enough to take that as seriously.

But to double down and say a healthy Mahomes somehow changes the carnage LanRam inflicted just shows how stupid you are. Do the world a favor and get yourself spade or neutered immediately.

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Is there any possibility of JJ Kohl changing position if he wants to stick at ISU?
Well his dad is a former kicker at ISU and is director of a kicking camps that trains professional kickers and Contreaz is out of eligibility after this year so there's that.... LOL

He's an unfortunate injury away from being thrust into a starting role right now and after seeing how Scheelhaase has done developing Rocco his best option is to continue the course and evaluate his situation again next season. It wasn't uncommon for guys to have to sit out 2 years before they got a crack that the starting job, the transfer portal has definitely played a factor now too but can't imagine he would find a sure fire thing to start at a P5 school right now if he did test the portal.

Reactions: BigTurk

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Hey Chris, can you get a new post started that actually does cover the transfer portal? I’ve gone thru something like 6 new pages of recent posts and the topic was not touched in any of those posts!
no news is good news. duh.

if there isnt any news, what are we going to talk about?

Reactions: bozclone

Cyforce

Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hey Chris, can you get a new post started that actually does cover the transfer portal? I’ve gone thru something like 6 new pages of recent posts and the topic was not touched in any of those posts!
If you want I can make **** up. I got the time.

great2baclone

May 7, 2014
Well good luck to you sir because you are going to have a Looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg wait to see someone come into ISU and perform better than Rocco did this year. At any position.
Really?? I didn't want to do this but come on! I think we are caught up in the moment. However; If I told you that QB X started 12 games. Of those 12 games, in 3 of them he threw for under 200yds. In 10 of them, he threw for well under 250yds..He had two games where he threw for over 300yds. With 2 multiple int games. Don't even factor in pick sixes. This is not an amazing year. This is a redshirt freshman put in horrible position and the coaches making lemonade out of lemons and the Big 12 coaches rewarding him for a decent year. I won't have to wait long for those numbers to be duplicated. Purdy just did way better under harder circumstances. I would say Brock had better weapons but Rocco also had a year in the program. Both had great defenses. I look forward to seeing Rocco progress but his play did not blow me away like most appear to have been on here. However; he showed a skillset and intangibles that if groomed the right way can do some damage in future.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

They're talking aliens, Bigfoot, and murder on the free board.

CYFanKC

Aug 8, 2023
Really?? I didn't want to do this but come on! I think we are caught up in the moment. However; If I told you that QB X started 12 games. Of those 12 games, in 3 of them he threw for under 200yds. In 10 of them, he threw for well under 250yds..He had two games where he threw for over 300yds. With 2 multiple int games. Don't even factor in pick sixes. This is not an amazing year. This is a redshirt freshman put in horrible position and the coaches making lemonade out of lemons and the Big 12 coaches rewarding him for a decent year. I won't have to wait long for those numbers to be duplicated. Purdy just did way better under harder circumstances. I would say Brock had better weapons but Rocco also had a year in the program. Both had great defenses. I look forward to seeing Rocco progress but his play did not blow me away like most appear to have been on here. However; he showed a skillset and intangibles that if groomed the right way can do some damage in future.
I don't know if I would say Purdy has did "Way better under harder circumstances". Having David Montgomery in the backfield and Hakeem butler to throw to is quite the boost for Purdy. And throwing 4 less TD and 1 less interception isn't way better.