Transfer Portal Tracker

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I dont think he is going anywhere. Just reporting what Ive heard that offers well in excess of $1,000,000 are on the table. Our fanbase should be extremely excited. A QB of that caliber leading a group consisting of Sama, Noel, Higgins, Jackson and Brahmer has a chance to have an absolute breakthrough year in the first season of the new Big 12.

I gotta say, if that’s true and he does end up leaving… having never turned down a 7-figure check, myself, I think it would be tough to be too critical.

Unless he goes to Texas or Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: Big_Sill

Cyforce

Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don't know if I would say Purdy has did "Way better under harder circumstances". Having David Montgomery in the backfield and Hakeem butler to throw to is quite the boost for Purdy. And throwing 4 less TD and 1 less interception isn't way better.
Purdy had a great sophomore year. Digressed a bit after that.

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
I don't want to be rude, but who?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I would probably be a little more forgiving and open-minded about the current state of affairs in CFB if they would outlaw “Forever a “whoever”” transfer tweets. Like, **** you buddy, this is obviously a ******* lie.

I don't think he's a very good player. Given their coach left and they've essentially been booted from the power 5 I can understand their players wanting to transfer.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't think he's a very good player. Given their coach left and they've essentially been booted from the power 5 I can understand their players wanting to transfer.

Me too. I totally get it and he’s totally within his rights to transfer, but he’s not forever a Beaver. He’s transferring at the first sign of adversity. Hes just another college athlete looking for another payday. Why can’t we all just call it like it is? Including the players. Shove your PR platitudes up your ass.

• Agree
Reactions: royalcy and Ankency

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Purdy had a great sophomore year. Digressed a bit after that.
princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Me too. I totally get it and he’s totally within his rights to transfer, but he’s not forever a Beaver. He’s transferring at the first sign of adversity. Hes just another college athlete looking for another payday. Why can’t we all just call it like it is? Including the players. Shove your PR platitudes up your ass.
I sort of assume he's following his coach, but yeah... I agree about the "forever a _________" nonsense. The exception would be a grad transfer who just wants more playing time in their final year or something along those lines.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

JEFF420

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 6, 2014
Michigan
michigan state needs a QB..........

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I dont think he is going anywhere. Just reporting what Ive heard that offers well in excess of $1,000,000 are on the table. Our fanbase should be extremely excited. A QB of that caliber leading a group consisting of Sama, Noel, Higgins, Jackson and Brahmer has a chance to have an absolute breakthrough year in the first season of the new Big 12.

I don't mean to say he is or isn't, I have no idea. There are a lot of great reasons to stay. But getting a milly is an excellent reason to go too.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
If someone is going to pay Rocco $1M or more, he should consider it. Nothing about the NFL is even close to expected or guaranteed for him.

No clue how much we can scrape together, but I suspect it would seem immaterial.

• Dumb
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey