*** Official IOWA STATE Vs West Virginia Gameday Thread ***

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
How obvious are Konate's pushoffs? My goodness that is big. And that isn't even a NEW rule. It's been around since I learned to play. They are blatant and OBVIOUS. This "displacement" rule has got to have something in it for that.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think what bothers me the most right now is that it's not like WVU is really playing well, we are just seriously playing that bad.

Yeah... if we had one or two of the missing pieces we'd be just fine in this game.

• Agree
Reactions: othercy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think what bothers me the most right now is that it's not like WVU is really playing well, we are just seriously playing that bad.

Why on earth would you expect this team to to play that well? Down 3 starters. The other 2 starters are freshman. And Lindell has obviously hit a bit of a wall over the last couple of games.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
The college season definitely takes a toll on freshmen who play a lot early. It's tough to keep up performance for a whole season. Best-case situation for freshmen is working them in on limited minutes early and them expanding into more later in the season, a la Monte. Otherwise, it seems like most get worn down over time.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Like the fight in the guys tonight. Frankly, I thought we might lose by 50.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Why on earth would you expect this team to to play that well? Down 3 starters. The other 2 starters are freshman. And Lindell has obviously hit a bit of a wall over the last couple of games.
I would like if the announcer would stop saying short bench and state the facts - ISU is down 3 starters.