*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Miami Game(Day) Thread ***

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I’m assuming Conditt is gone, which would leave Jones as our only “big” man. Kunc is more of a stretch and doesn’t really play on the block. I’m also assuming Enaruna is hitting the portal after seeing his minutes basically go to 0 this season.

I've been impressed with the improvement from Jones. Maybe with an off-season to get stronger (and work on FTs) he could he a nice interior player. I might prefer him at a 4 instead of the only post player on the floor though.

But you're right that we need to be looking for another post player or two. I'd imagine that they'd be able to market Hunter's passing skills as a reason for an offensive post player to look at ISU.

Reactions: werdnamanhill

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I just think their guys (and most other power 5) are better athletes, and sometimes that's enough. Especially when your opponent can't make layups.

I can't really be mad, though. It's really obvious that these guys are playing their asses off, but they're just not as gifted outside of IB and TH. Sometimes your best just isn't good enough, and that's a really bitter pill for fans.

Props to TJ for doing the impossible though. If you told me we'd be in the sweet 16 after XF left, I'd have probably told you to stop sniffing glue.

Miami's a lot looser in how they play but they imo looked like UConn in 2014 or just one of those teams that's had the players all this time and is playing on a different level now.

I had a bad feeling when the guy held up the '3' eyes really early. They're in a flow.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Miami's a lot looser in how they play but they imo looked like UConn in 2014 or just one of those teams that's had the players all this time and is playing on a different level now.

I had a bad feeling when the guy held up the '3' eyes really early. They're in a flow.

Especially when they were 4-29 from three the prior two games. Ugh

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Why do people keep citing Miami’s three point shooting? They didn’t shoot well the last two games, but tonight they shot under their season % (barely).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It stings but I think Jaz is smart enough to know that TJ is going to try to recruit over him. And he damn well better be (no offense to Jaz I loved watching him play this year)

Its also probably the life of any player that isn't elite at their level. Every coach is always trying to upgrade the talent.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
On the postgame show Walters asked Jaz if he was coming back and Jaz responded "If TJ wants me back, I'll be back".
My comment wasn't directed at you, I figured you were quoting him pretty directly. I just meant it's kind of a bummer to hear him talking about it in those terms. Guy gave us everything he had. That's the business these days.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We desperately need some 3 and D guys. TJ is always going to want guys that can play D, which I like, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t also be able to shoot.

Look at a team like St. Peter’s…. if they didn’t have the shooters they have, they probably don’t even make the NIT.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why do people keep citing Miami’s three point shooting? They didn’t shoot well the last two games, but tonight they shot under their season % (barely).

Because they still hit way better than lately and the threes were really timely.

Reactions: CyNews

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
My comment wasn't directed at you, I figured you were quoting him pretty directly. I just meant it's kind of a bummer to hear him talking about it in those terms. Guy gave us everything he had. That's the business these days.

I'm genuinely curious if people think Jaz won't be back next year? That dude was glue....he didn't score a ton, but he gave effort, effective effort, on every play.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
It stings but I think Jaz is smart enough to know that TJ is going to try to recruit over him. And he damn well better try (no offense to Jaz I loved watching him play this year)

I would be shocked if TJ doesn't want him back. Advanced metrics have him as our 2nd best player. Not sure I'd fully agree, I'd give Hunter the edge, but between his very efficent, albeit not prolific, shooting, and solid defense he's a for sure keep for next year.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Jaz I thought made sone big steps forward the last 3 games, the talent is there I think.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We desperately need some 3 and D guys. TJ is always going to want guys that can play D, which I like, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t also be able to shoot.

Look at a team like St. Peter’s…. if they didn’t have the shooters they have, they probably don’t even make the NIT.

Do you not think TJ wants to get some shooters in there?

His whole deal this year was just to get guys in to play D to give ISU a chance and it worked.

Now's the time to build off of it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron