*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Miami Game(Day) Thread ***

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Tough end to amazing season that no one saw coming except the guys in that locker room. A year ago we were in mist of our worst season in program history
and I found myself ending up in the hospital. Fortunately I made a full recovery and we found the right guy to lead this program.

We saw a cyclone team under a new staff that was committed on the defensive end like no other Cyclone team in a longtime. I still remember like it was yesterday the hustle and get after it in the Oregon State game.

This team made you look forward to the next game with excitement instead of dread and apathy. It definitely made me look forward to doing gameday threads again. I want to thank everyone who gave an gameday op a rating whether you did it once or almost every game. I want to thank a few folks that had a comment in thread for me. Special shout outs to: @NWICY @t-noah @CyBobby @Bestaluckcy and I'm sure I'm missing a few more. I appreciate the words of support and thanks. And a very special shout out to my gameday thread partner in crime, the gif-master @GTO

If this is the opening act for this new era of Cyclone MBB I can't wait for what the future holds.
We love you Rulz. Your dedication to this site does not go unnoticed to most of us and this place would not be the same without you and your game day threads right at midnight. So thankful you’re still with us for every cyclone moment.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Great season by these guys. They were an awesome group of guys that played their guts out all year. Tough to go against Larinaga with a week to prepare. Guy is a good coach. Miami was just the better team tonight.

Our team is one to be proud of.

schlepp571

Dec 21, 2013
Ames
Won't help. I give up. We got lucky with Fizer and Tinsley to make the 8 back in the day. We will never be a big enough market or a good Cinderella to make it much further than the 8. Miami is a big market. St. Peter will all of a sudden never get a call. Totally awe struck how it is going to end up all blue bloods at the end. hmmmmmmm ratings much. **** you ESPN

• Wow
Reactions: davegilbertson

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Won't help. I give up. We got lucky with Fizer and Tinsley to make the 8 back in the day. We will never be a big enough market or a good Cinderella to make it much further than the 8. Miami is a big market. St. Peter will all of a sudden never get a call. Totally awe struck how it is going to end up all blue bloods at the end. hmmmmmmm ratings much. **** you ESPN

To be fair, Turner Sports have the broadcasting rights for the Men’s Tournament. Although, yes **** ESPN too

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Can't complain about our effort tonight, we all knew that we would be in trouble when we reverted back to a game where our shots were not falling, that was tonight. 4 of 22 behind the 3-point line, and we were not getting to the FT line only 2 of 4. Miami pulls a 9 of 26 from behind the arc, when they haven't hit shots out there all tournament.

Hate to go out this way, but I never thought this team would get as far as they did, that is credit to the coaches and players that just did not want the season to end.

Great foundation was laid this year by TJ, now we just have to continue to build on what we laid this year.

Go Cyclones

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

While officiating has seemingly become a problem in every game this tournament, we didn't lose because of the officials. We had a million chances to win this game and either we made some critical mistake or Miami stepped up and hit a shot to keep us at arm's length every time.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
We love you Rulz. Your dedication to this site does not go unnoticed to most of us and this place would not be the same without you and your game day threads right at midnight. So thankful you’re still with us for every cyclone moment.

Thanks. At times I really struggle with my self worth and everyone's encouragement helps me in my battles.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Tough end to amazing season that no one saw coming except the guys in that locker room. A year ago we were in mist of our worst season in program history
and I found myself ending up in the hospital. Fortunately I made a full recovery and we found the right guy to lead this program.

We saw a cyclone team under a new staff that was committed on the defensive end like no other Cyclone team in a longtime. I still remember like it was yesterday the hustle and get after it in the Oregon State game.

This team made you look forward to the next game with excitement instead of dread and apathy. It definitely made me look forward to doing gameday threads again. I want to thank everyone who gave an gameday op a rating whether you did it once or almost every game. I want to thank a few folks that had a comment in thread for me. Special shout outs to: @NWICY @t-noah @CyBobby @Bestaluckcy and I'm sure I'm missing a few more. I appreciate the words of support and thanks. And a very special shout out to my gameday thread partner in crime, the gif-master @GTO

If this is the opening act for this new era of Cyclone MBB I can't wait for what the future holds.
I love this board and our Cyclone fans. We have great fans. And people like you make game day special! Thanks to you CycloneRulzzz for always showing up and starting off these gameday threads and allowing us to come together for what we all are, fans!

Great season, great tournament. So much more than what we expected. Proud of our Cyclones although I am sure they are very disappointed.

Looking forward to FB then basketball again next year!

cloneystate

May 13, 2017
What?

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Miami was much better prepared. Lot of growth in this program this year, but lots of room to improve.

I just think their guys (and most other power 5) are better athletes, and sometimes that's enough. Especially when your opponent can't make layups.

I can't really be mad, though. It's really obvious that these guys are playing their asses off, but they're just not as gifted outside of IB and TH. Sometimes your best just isn't good enough, and that's a really bitter pill for fans.

Props to TJ for doing the impossible though. If you told me we'd be in the sweet 16 after XF left, I'd have probably told you to stop sniffing glue.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Great effort. Great year establishing the culture. Overachieved light years beyond expectations.

But for next year can we please for the love of god fine some bigs who can score.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
While officiating has seemingly become a problem in every game this tournament, we didn't lose because of the officials. We had a million chances to win this game and either we made some critical mistake or Miami stepped up and hit a shot to keep us at arm's length every time.
Yup. Too careless with the ball (though give Miami some credit for that), too many missed bunnies, too many missed threes, too many blown defensive assignments, and Miami just shot the sh1t out of the ball.

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
Suppose I had the ability to jump in a time machine before the beginning of the basketball season and travel forward in time to the NCAA tournament. And then I observed the Cyclones playing Miami in the Sweet 16. I would have thought the time machine had traveled to an alternate universe.

Congratulations to the Cyclones on a most unexpected and entertaining basketball season. We will certainly remember and talk about this team for years to come.