Not open for further replies.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Re: Not traveling to OSU??

If true then extraordinarily sad. Georges doesn't deserve this his senior year.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Literally nobody said that. The point I've been making here is that "info" without sources is gossip, no matter who it comes from.
Since everyone immediately jumped to the McKay conclusion, all it does is spark yet another potential feeding frenzy of threads dumping on one of our guys. I've yet to see a single instance where this was good for anybody, which makes it funny when it turns out to be false.

You're the reason people don't put things like this on here when they are fairly sure the info is correct. Quite whining about correct information. The other thing is there are a few people on this board who have more and better sources than the writers here. That's not a dig at them. It's just to say there are a lot of people that can relay information.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014

If what has been said is true good for prohm. He can't be held hostage by Jameels bad attitude.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

You're the reason people don't put things like this on here when they are fairly sure the info is correct. Quite whining about correct information. The other thing is there are a few people on this board who have more and better sources than the writers here. That's not a dig at them. It's just to say there are a lot of people that can relay information.

Nice to know. An objection is not whining, but that's nice.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I agree that on forums info without sources is gossip. But only for a unproven poster. 8bites' history had already suggested that he knew things about McKay.

The thing is, this board probably has a high accuracy rate on things like this. How many times have things like this been put out there and been incorrect? Not often. People don't just start things like this for no reason very often.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

If this is true WTF, at some point you have to grow up.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

The thing is, this board probably has a high accuracy rate on things like this. How many times have things like this been put out there and been incorrect? Not often. People don't just start things like this for no reason very often.

Yes they do. There have been some bad rumors started on message boards.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014

I remember the Knott injury....

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

I did label this thread gossip, and I'm right about that. I did not say that anything had to be cleared by CW. That's the part that has the phrase "Literally nobody said that."

Be upset about it all you want, but you started a gossip thread. Some people love that, some of us call that a terrible idea.

Gossip threads are often correct unfortunately.

This really stinks if true.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames

I agree that on forums info without sources is gossip. But only for a unproven poster. 8bites' history had already suggested that he knew things about McKay.

I have a long history of posting things on here as well.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

So weird. I thought McKay always had a great attitude last year and that was one of his best qualities.

Spam

May 21, 2008

[h=2]Simple Definition of gossip[/h]

• : information about the behavior and personal lives of other people
  • : information about the lives of famous people
  • : a person who often talks about the private details of other people's lives

Everything we do on these forums is gossip!

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

I did label this thread gossip, and I'm right about that. I did not say that anything had to be cleared by CW. That's the part that has the phrase "Literally nobody said that."

Be upset about it all you want, but you started a gossip thread. Some people love that, some of us call that a terrible idea.

Here is gossip --> I think he's driving down to the game with his grandpa.
Here is fact --> He did not travel with the team.

Sure, the thread has turned dirty on the who/why and circumstances. However, that came several pages later, and was not instigated by the sources of the info. That same garbage would have started with the official press story break and would have been in a thread directly titled under the player's name.

Some of the most recent stuff is libelous. That too, would have been posted in the press story thread.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Here is gossip --> I think he's driving down to the game with his grandpa. Here is fact --> He did not travel with the team. Sure, the thread has turned dirty on the who/why and circumstances. However, that came several pages later, and was not instigated by the sources of the info. That same garbage would have started with the official press story break and would have been in a thread directly titled under the player's name. Some of the most recent stuff is libelous. That too, would have been posted in the press story thread.
Waiting for Randy Peterson to write a story.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Literally nobody said that. The point I've been making here is that "info" without sources is gossip, no matter who it comes from.
Since everyone immediately jumped to the McKay conclusion, all it does is spark yet another potential feeding frenzy of threads dumping on one of our guys. I've yet to see a single instance where this was good for anybody, which makes it funny when it turns out to be false.

Thought that was plagiarism?

Spam

May 21, 2008

He's been through 3 coaches in 3 years. I'm sure that's not easy. But any failure to adjust is still on him, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron