McKay not traveling to OSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Re: Not traveling to OSU??

So are people just now realizing that no one else on the board can have a source but CW? If anyone else claims to have a source, they are spreading garbage gossip. This is nothing new and why it's funny when it all turns out to be correct.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

Whatever. This is something that could just be reported with an actual story. Gossip is just garbage.

I guess I don't understand the point of the thread if no real info is given. Other than "I know something you don't know" or to get people speculating.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008

I guess I don't understand the point of the thread if no real info is given. Other than "I know something you don't know" or to get people speculating.

Knowing that someone is not traveling is still more info than not knowing that, to be fair.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

So are people just now realizing that no one else on the board can have a source but CW? If anyone else claims to have a source, they are spreading garbage gossip. This is nothing new and why it's funny when it all turns out to be correct.

Literally nobody said that. The point I've been making here is that "info" without sources is gossip, no matter who it comes from.
Since everyone immediately jumped to the McKay conclusion, all it does is spark yet another potential feeding frenzy of threads dumping on one of our guys. I've yet to see a single instance where this was good for anybody, which makes it funny when it turns out to be false.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames

Well after doing some texting, I'm now 99% sure he didn't travel because he refused to practice yesterday and Prohm told him to stay home. Sorry for the earlier message saying he just didn't want to go.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009

Literally nobody said that. The point I've been making here is that "info" without sources is gossip, no matter who it comes from.
Since everyone immediately jumped to the McKay conclusion, all it does is spark yet another potential feeding frenzy of threads dumping on one of our guys. I've yet to see a single instance where this was good for anybody, which makes it funny when it turns out to be false.

Please tell me where you heard this.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

So if a reporter doesn't reveal their source then it's gossip as well? Not having a source and not wanted to disclose that source are two different things.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

You are, literally saying that. You've labeled this thread gossip. Then you state your point was that info without sources is gossip. That is a contradiction.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

No **** no one literally said it, but that's how people think on this board. If anything comes from someone not affiliated with the actual board, there is no credibility. It's been that way for quite a while. People can't understand there are many people "in the know" that have no issues telling those they know about what's going on. Hell, it was a student trainer on the basketball team that fed information that got this site going. It's not difficult to know someone that will tell you what's going on.

Last edited:

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

So if a reporter doesn't reveal their source then it's gossip as well? Not having a source and not wanted to disclose that source are two different things.

Well, if they have tens of sources it's got to be golden.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Well after doing some texting, I'm now 99% sure he didn't travel because he refused to practice yesterday and Prohm told him to stay home. Sorry for the earlier message saying he just didn't want to go.
That would be enough to kick him off the team?

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008

I agree that on forums info without sources is gossip. But only for a unproven poster. 8bites' history had already suggested that he knew things about McKay.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

haha what is this, Junior High basketball?
This person is becoming a huge liability.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

You are, literally saying that. You've labeled this thread gossip. Then you state your point was that info without sources is gossip. That is a contradiction.

I did label this thread gossip, and I'm right about that. I did not say that anything had to be cleared by CW. That's the part that has the phrase "Literally nobody said that."

Be upset about it all you want, but you started a gossip thread. Some people love that, some of us call that a terrible idea.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008

Might explain the "live life with no regrets" tweet from last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron