CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Like licking an ashtray.

https://www.laphroaig.com

Of course I don't get scotch as a whole, but this stuff is nasty.

200.gif

Laphroaig is awesome. You are not.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Ten High. First or second weekend at college, I got blackout drunk on that. Attended but have no recollection of Little River Band, Head East, and Foreigner at Hilton, got sick that night, and was hungover for two days. I like whiskey, but if I even smelled Ten High, I think I'd puke.

Ten High is when I figured out I needed to specify exactly what I wanted to my buyer. Tell that guy "whiskey" and you get Ten High. Tell him "vodka" and you get Hawkeye.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
#2 is blackberry brandy cause right after HS. It's #2 because who would EVER want to drink that again anyway.

#1 is @Angies Jim Beam, Drank too much of it one night as a freshman. Friend Linda saw some left in a bottle in the glove compartment the next day (different era obviously with booze in the glove compartment). So she opened the bottle. The smell almost made me barf. Then she takes a big swig and gargles with it. I did a gag. Linda was pretty cool. Still hate Jim Beam.

jc4cy

Jun 8, 2015
Iowa
Black Velvet: First ever party freshman year of college. Hadn't quite learned what "proper ratios" or "pacing" or "oh my god stop it you're killing yourself" was yet. Drank an entire bottle. Puked the next morning in the West Ames McDonalds bathroom.

Fireball: Turned 21 on a Monday. Friends took me out to a bar and I lost count of the number of Fireball shots I had taken by 9:30. Missed work the next day because I was "sick." Had constant heartburn for over a week afterwards. FUN FACT: Fireball contains an ingredient found in antifreeze.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Bad recollections of the following:
MD20/20 (Cheap, but oh-so-sickening)
Yukon Jack (too many kamikazes when I was tending bar)
Tequila (tastes like kerosene to me, although the more expensive stuff is tolerable)
Cherry vodka (GF at the time ralphed it up all over me - just a whiff and I get nauseous)

EDIT: Seems like a long list, but there are many, many libations I enjoy also.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Gin is ******* horrible. And there's a story behind it.

I was 21 my last year in the dorms and my roomate and I decided we wanted to have a really cool bar setup so we could make a bunch of drinks. We spent way more than we should on bottles of booze for our bar. Come the end of the year, we still had a LOT of booze left. We were invited to an end of the year party so I took like 4 bottles in a backpack to the party including an almost full bottle of gin. I proceeded to take straight pulls off the bottle and just get **** faced. I threw up in the basement toilet at the party and hung out for a while until I felt good enough to walk back to the dorms. Walking down the street I threw up in the grass, just as a cop car drove by. I have absolutely NO idea how I didn't get busted for public intox. He didn't even pull over. I guess he was just ok with me not driving. I made it back to my dorm room and passed the eff out.
Had to pack the next morning and I haven't had gin since.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yeah, we're flipped on that. I hardly ever drink straight liquor anymore, but I don't mind a pull of cold Jager at all.

I have to already be pretty drunk to take a pull of Jager. But by then it's the best thing I've ever tasted.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
MLKeg day I was drinking fireball at a house party freshman year and some guy made fun because it was a "girl drink". Me being the hormone enraged 19 year old I was took this much too personally and proceeded to drink as fast and as much as I could. Ended up drinking 3/4 of a handle. Didn't hit me until the walk back when I hit a patch of ice and fell straight on my tailbone. My friends had to walk me to Jimmy Johns like they do with injured football players. From there my girlfriend at the time picked us up in her car. I puked on and off for about 5 or 6 hours that early morning and the next day I had terrible pains where your kidneys are located. They definitely should have taken me in that night.