Friday OT #1 - Never Again

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
@jc4cy helped me out on this one! Thanks for the great idea!

What are some boozes you refuse to touch, and why?

For example - I am pretty short, and not a real big person OR heavy drinker. I was at a Super Bowl party and was drinking out of spite for blah blah blah reasons. A guy there who was probably 6'3", 350 and regularly got black-out drunk pulled out a bottle of Jim Beam Black and started gargling it. I decided that I'd go toe-to-toe with him, until it ended really poorly with Mom's spaghetti on my sweater in front of everyone. Since that day, bourbon on anything (even cooked in) makes me gag.

What are yours?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Tried drinking straight vodka and gin one night. Didn’t drink either one of those for years.

Reactions: Angie

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Fireball. Friend bought a handle of it one Friday and bet $5 I couldn't finish it during the weekend. I didn't open it Friday because $5 isn't worth it. Bet me $20 Saturday I couldn't finish it Saturday and Sunday.

I won $20 but was pretty sick and MIA for a few days after

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Angie and cycloneG

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
rum_cap2.jpg

Too much puking and sleeping under a coffee table. Never again!

Cyowan008

Feb 27, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Peppermint Schnapps. Drank a bottle and then some while camped out for the KU game. The next morning was running to the porta potts the whole time waiting in line. Leveled off with some rum to ease the pain. Still have not touched it since and don't plan on it anytime soon.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I also don't recommend the combination of Purple Passion, Orange wine cooler, Peach schnapps and Yukon Jack whisky. Drank that on a road trip. The details are a bit fuzzy, but I remember our trip out. Not much of our trip back. I remember being back in town. I remember puking in the back of my friend's Nova and my buddy laughing his butt off and yelling "I smell Peach Schnapps!". Also vaguely remember trying to convince my parents that I hadn't been drinking when they walked me up to the door with puke all the way down my leather jacket.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: oldman and Angie

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Ten High. First or second weekend at college, I got blackout drunk on that. Attended but have no recollection of Little River Band, Head East, and Foreigner at Hilton, got sick that night, and was hungover for two days. I like whiskey, but if I even smelled Ten High, I think I'd puke.

• Funny
Reactions: CtownCyclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron