Friday OT #1 - Never Again

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Absolut vanilla.

Had already drank maybe 2/3 of a bottle that day (oh college tolerance, and also was the last day of marching band for the year, so being a senior i was drinking as was tradition), and at some point we started playing **** the dealer.

Well a 'friend' decided it would be funny to go behind me and hold up the numbers of the cards. When i'd gotten the deck only a few cards in. I kept losing (of course) and drinking... and went through a bottle's worth in one game of FTD.

That was also the night i puked off a balcony.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Haven't been able to even sniff Jagermeister straight since my 20th birthday in Iowa City back in 2001. Took so many shots at Vito's, stumbled out to the ped mall, somehow ended up behind a bush next to the old capital and threw up all over it. I can do jager bombs but I'll puke immediately if it's straight.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Whatever happened to the saying, "the hair of the dog that bit you"? You're all a bunch of weenies.

Now that I got that out of the way, I'd say "Ouzo (during college I accidentally lit a bar on fire by spilling a couple of flaming shots) and the horrible mixture of Peach Schnapps and Sun Country wine coolers (high school reasons and just plain gross).

• Agree
Reactions: LRam1270

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wife's coworker's party.....a few too many jager bombs left me to wake up in my own bathroom floor....haven't had it since and its been about 9-10 years.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Was playing beer pong one night. We ran out of beer. So we played Gin Pong. Gin it is.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Malort. Worst tasting alcohol ever. Anyone from Chicago or who has lived here agrees. If you've never had it, come on over and give it a try, I'll even buy it for ya.

Malort is the worst. The absolute worst tasting thing I've ever had.

My buddy keeps a bottle around, you know, to punish people.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I don't like honey whiskys at all. Plus the extra sugar means bad hangovers. I also don't touch Southern Comfort anymore.

I haven't actually been touching anything for a couple of weeks now. Sobriety is actually kind of nice.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Malort is the worst. The absolute worst tasting thing I've ever had.

My buddy keeps a bottle around, you know, to punish people.

• Malort, kick your mouth in the balls!
  • Malort, when you need to unfriend someone IN PERSON.
  • Malort, tonight's the night you fight your dad.
  • Malort, the Champagne of pain.
  • Malort, turning taste-buds into taste-foes for generations.
  • Drink Malort, it's easier than telling people you have nothing to live for.
  • Malort, what soap washes its mouth out with.
  • Malort, these pants aren't going to sh** themselves.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Southern Comfort. I don't know what it was about any time one of my nights in college involved drinking that liquor at some point in the night but it usually ended up with a massive hangover in the morning and sometimes not recalling portions of the night. Oddly enough I drink plenty of high proof bourbons and high percentage craft beers these days that I can handle just fine but I have no desire to touch that stuff after the rough times I had with it in college.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Southern Comfort. I don't know what it was about any time one of my nights in college involved drinking that liquor at some point in the night but it usually ended up with a massive hangover in the morning and sometimes not recalling portions of the night. Oddly enough I drink plenty of high proof bourbons and high percentage craft beers these days that I can handle just fine but I have no desire to touch that stuff after the rough times I had with it in college.

I think it's all in the quantity. And the quality. If it tastes good, I don't want to chug it. And if it costs more, I definitely don't want to gulp it.
That's why I don't understand shots of good-tasting liquor/drinks. Savor the flavor!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Black Velvet: First ever party freshman year of college. Hadn't quite learned what "proper ratios" or "pacing" or "oh my god stop it you're killing yourself" was yet. Drank an entire bottle. Puked the next morning in the West Ames McDonalds bathroom.
I had to work a split shift on my 21st birthday. I was pissed because everyone else had seemingly disappeared as I finished up about 11:00 at night. I came out to the kitchen to see a bottle of BV and a bunch of glasses on the counter. We all did a shot in honor of my birthday and then they filled all of the glasses again - but suddenly no one wanted another shot so I finished them all. They called my wife to tell her they were kidnapping me. We ended up at a house party by Cap Timm and I puked off of a balcony. They poured me out of the car at my place at dawn much to the chagrin of my wife. I couldn't handle the smell of BV for years after that.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
We were having a floor party at the Towers, back when kegs were legal in the dorms, and my roommate and another guy down the hall started drinking snowshoes as a warm-up. Shots of half Southern Comfort, half peppermint schnapps. (I wouldn't even try them). By the time my roommate's girlfriend showed up from Des Moines, about 7:00, he had his head in a wastebasket, sick as a dog, and didn't move from there until after midnight.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Oh god. I forgot about a big one.

I was home from college for break and decided to get drunk with one of my buddies from high school. Neither of us were 21 yet but we had a friend buy us a bottle of booze from Hy-Vee. This wonderful friend bought us a bottle of Everclear.

Well we were young and naive so we drank it. We cut it with orange juice and ended up making basically REALLY strong screwdrivers. Ho - ly **** we were shnockered and we stayed up basically all night.

For some odd reason I didn't yack from it though.

Unfortunately, I almost forgot that I had to work my temp job at an office downtown the next day. I remember squatting in the bathroom stall trying in vain to make myself puke so I could get that crap out of my system. I was not very productive in my data entry that day.

I'm not sure I made jello without Everclear until I had a kid.

• Funny
Reactions: StormnClone58

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I had a bad night of losing playing a**hole about 18 years ago and won't touch Everclear or Tang ever again. Woke up on the cross country course in the morning.

• Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp and pulse

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Funny, I saw this thread right behind the Omaha runzas thread. And I thought that is perfect. I will never again have a Runza.

Or 151

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron