FREE ISU vs Texas Tech Tickets

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
After the 2012 I have had so far (move out of state, wife has an affair, divorce finalized last week) there is nothing I would enjoy more than to call my Dad and tell him I am returning home this weekend to take him to an ISU football game. He instilled in me a passion for ISU athletics at a very young age, and what I miss the most of living in Iowa is watching ISU with good old Dad.

Winner!

Reactions: 2ndCyCE

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
After the 2012 I have had so far (move out of state, wife has an affair, divorce finalized last week) there is nothing I would enjoy more than to call my Dad and tell him I am returning home this weekend to take him to an ISU football game. He instilled in me a passion for ISU athletics at a very young age, and what I miss the most of living in Iowa is watching ISU with good old Dad.

Yeah, I don't see any stories that beat this one....

On an unrelated note, this past year I have been laid off, my dog died, wife left me, truck blew up, lost my house, & have suddenly became blind. :jimlad:

But I already have a ticket, so give them to this guy!

Reactions: 2ndCyCE

Gtown25

Oct 12, 2011
Grinnell, IA
I'm a poor college student that goes to Coe College in cedar crapids. In the heart of hok country surrounded by hok fans. I need an escape lol.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Over the last few years, I have gone from 2 season tickets to 6 and now 8. However, because I live in Ames, I really work hard to get people to come to my tailgate. So far, this year, we get 40-50 people to come. More than half of whom don't go to the game, but I'm working on them. At least 6 people this year bought season tickets because I pulled them into the experience. Any extra tickets I get will go to some of the people who come to my tailgate, but aren't yet ready to put money out for tickets. Two of whom recently took guardianship for a troubled teenager who is getting one of my family-designated tickets this week.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
we're euthanizing grandpa on sunday. He's never been to an ISU game. would be a real treat for him to see a football game before, well, you know....

Reactions: longtimeclone

DoOrDie

Nov 3, 2010
I'm a classy broad with deep ISU roots. I'm also not completely ugly. Finally, the person who would come with me has been an Iowa fan for years, and he's halfway converted...so, tickets to me would help in converting another.

Actually, I'm not that deserving. I **** cardinal and bleed gold, but I'll enjoy the game either in-person or screaming at a tv.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

No this is the winner::rolleyes::jimlad::jimlad:

Lost my cush job due to the MAC, lost my pension to my wifey who called me a loser, lost my home to the tax man when they found out what James had done, lost my health insurance for possible cancer treatments against MAC teams, lost my Hawkmobile car to the bridge rail, lost to ISU. It has been a tough year. Need tickets bad to get out of IC and transportation. Trying to find my manhood.

Kirk F

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
about to lose my job because I can't hack it anymore. everyone in my town hates me. even I'll admit that I'm overpaid. spent half my earnings on spearmint gum. Plus, I've never watched and ISU game from the stands.

my name is kirk ferentz

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
My Father is a retired ISU professor who has never been to an ISU FB game in person.

My Dad and Mom both still live in Ames and I called and they said they'd go if they had free tickets.

I'll probably need help with where to park etc. for retired profs if I win.

Last edited:

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I think it should go to someone that wants to take a child. It will be a great experience and a great memory.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I didn't earn them. I don't need them.but if don't give them to me, there will be hell to pay.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
My Hawkeye fan in-laws are threatening to visit this weekend and we don't have a good excuse to say no.

This would be a great excuse.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
You are an awesome guy for doing this! Where do these lucky two people get to sit?

R47goldie

Sep 24, 2012
Saturday is my wife and my 5th anniversary and we are driving up from Kansas city to go to Ames! We would love the tickets! Both isu graduates, met and married there.

I can't tell you how much appreciate what the OP is doing here, helping less fortunate fans and filling the seat at the Jack. I could really use these tickets, I would already be going if life hadn't taken a crap all over me this year. This may be my one chance to see a live game this year or next year due to the financial hole I am currently in. You won't find many bigger cyclone fans than myself.

I understand your frustration. I just got re-employed full time in may for the first time since 2009! We have two kids under 3 (youngest turned one Thursday) and my wife is back in school because her previous career company folded. We are just getting our feet back under us. Hang in their fellow Cyclone, things eventually get better. I hope something good comes your way soon, if only just as a well deserved evening out in cardinal/gold!

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
My last plea for my daughter and my dilemia. (in addition to my previous post)

My Daughter and boyfriend are just about converted from Hawk fans to Cyclone fans
My Step daughter and husband are big Hawk fans
My Step son is a hawk fan, his wife is a Cyclone fan
My other step son is a Hawk fan and will be going to Iowa next year.
My wife is forced to go to Cyclone events and doesn't have a choice.
My father in law is a Hawk fan.
My Sister in law and husband and their 2 girls are big Hawk fans.

At all family events, I am surounded by Hawk fans, help me convert at least 1 the Cyclone side. They are able to go.

It is a nice gesture that you are doing, no matter who you pick. Thanks

Lafester5

Feb 22, 2010
Newton
My wife has never been to a Cyclone game or any college game for that matter. She was a hawkeye fan when i first met her 12 years ago. About two years ago we ran into each other again for the first time in 5 years and started dating. We were married just over a month ago and this would be a perfect chance to keep swinging her over to the good side.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
It's a great chance to see a winning program that is built on hard-work, enthusiasm and honesty. Since I left Ames, I haven't been able to see this, even in my workplace. It'll be nice to return and see how Paul can win here - something I and a lot of people in my profession don't think it can happen. Plus, I believe a lot of fans would be thrilled to see me.

- Gene Chizik :jimlad: