Faithful Fans

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
The one thing that really drew me to the Cyclones and your program was the loyalty that you, the fans show to your coaches, the pride that you show in your team, and the excitement that you've shown towards your athletes. We were hoping to get a taste of that excitement 1st hand this Saturday as you face off with Mizzou.

Forget about the rumors and just stand behind your team! If you didn't hear coach say it, then he didn't say it! That's the mentality you should have. I finally got the chance to watch you guys play last Saturday because the game was on vs. Out here. And I will say this, given the fact that the team is so young, I think you guys did great! I know expectations are always high, but I believe ISU and the coaches there are on the right path!

Keep fighting and end the season on the highest note possible. Don't let foolishness damage the character and standard that you've worked hard to build!!! Big game this week, we're excited!!!

I'm with you Bro....we all know that Gene Chizik is of the highest moral fiber, he's a good family man, he loves Iowa State and he's committed to winning with honor. We have a lot to be proud of...and we will see a winning program sooner than later. Great post. I hope your brother chooses the good guys..Go Cyclones!

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
I'd love to have Money on our side, I just don't want to see him and the current skill guys "wasted" here.

We should probably quit trying to recruit and improve our team for future..instead of "wasting talent" should we just us walk ons???

Might be time to step away from the computer.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
What, this thread isnt closed yet?!? I'm surprised at that more than what he usually says.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Wasting was probably an extreme term - but I am severely concerned our skill guys won't be allowed to shine (therefore getting us wins) because we can't do the basics well (block/tackle).

Sorry, I'm not into selling a bowl full of lies.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Wasting was probably an extreme term - but I am severely concerned our skill guys won't be allowed to shine (therefore getting us wins) because we can't do the basics well (block/tackle).

"Victory with Honor" is the bronze sign that came over from old Clyde Williams field. We will win, but will do it the right way and with honor. There are a lot of guys shining right now.
Arnaud
ARob
Johnson
Darks
SJ etc......
I can go on if you want. These guys are not wasting their time.

Reactions: Balrog

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
I think Cyclone fans are some of the most patient in the world, we all have to be. I can understand frustration over how the season has gone, but we still need to put things in proper perspective. Yesterday I was in the lobby of Hilton watching the end of football game and after Colorado scores some blowhard starts dropping f-bombs right and left and talking trash about AA. When told by others that kids were present, he proceeded to continue with his rubbish. We have all been frustrated and I am not ripping on someone for swearing, but that was a little over the top, considering the environment. If you are at home with your buddies, have at it, if that helps you. I truly believe that this team just needed one more win early in the season and the confidence would have taken over in some of these other games. This is what the Drake basketball team did early on last year and it just snowballed. I am not saying that we would have run the table or any such thing, but I am a firm believer that confidence in athletics is huge. Things are not as bleak as they appear, we will have better days ahead.

Cymon

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny

Is there anything about Cyclone athletics that you do approve of? You remind me of this couple that we used to sit next to the last few years of McCarney. They would scream, "Come on Dan" the whole game, even if we were winning. When I read your posts I do it in the ladies voice.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I'll be a cyclone through thick and thin and even for my young age of 19, i havent had to experience the even rougher days of iowa state football. But i'll take a struggling iowa state rather a successful iowa. Its all part of being a fan and having the passion to support them still. Ill be there november 15th, body paint and all cheering my heart out for the Clones. and every game for years to come... GO STATE!

Reactions: Balrog

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Cyclone22 has been nominated for the "Lord of Tact Award for most proficient misuse of tact on an online message board."

BTW, I still love cyclone football.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
We'll get what we deserve, We keep showing up, the guys will keep playing, and good things are going to happen.

Bring warm clothes this weekend bro, Its gonna be chilly. 4 or 5 of 6 home games however are usually perfect weather.

Its going to be a long off season. But im ready for 09 and beyond, obviously.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I think Cyclone fans are some of the most patient in the world, we all have to be. I can understand frustration over how the season has gone, but we still need to put things in proper perspective. Yesterday I was in the lobby of Hilton watching the end of football game and after Colorado scores some blowhard starts dropping f-bombs right and left and talking trash about AA. When told by others that kids were present, he proceeded to continue with his rubbish. We have all been frustrated and I am not ripping on someone for swearing, but that was a little over the top, considering the environment. If you are at home with your buddies, have at it, if that helps you. I truly believe that this team just needed one more win early in the season and the confidence would have taken over in some of these other games. This is what the Drake basketball team did early on last year and it just snowballed. I am not saying that we would have run the table or any such thing, but I am a firm believer that confidence in athletics is huge. Things are not as bleak as they appear, we will have better days ahead.
F-bombs are heard all over MTV . . movies, and has become the common lingua fare of this new generation. They are ignorant sods who would have been punched out a generation ago. Punks . . they make me sick.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'm guessing 90% of the negative comments on the internet would never be said in a room full of people. I think we should adopt the same policy as newpapaers. If you want people to read your opinion you need to sign your real name.

Faithfully yours,
Ron Mexico
Atlanta, GA

Lloyd88

Jun 5, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa
I'll be a cyclone through thick and thin and even for my young age of 19, i havent had to experience the even rougher days of iowa state football. But i'll take a struggling iowa state rather a successful iowa. Its all part of being a fan and having the passion to support them still. Ill be there november 15th, body paint and all cheering my heart out for the Clones. and every game for years to come... GO STATE!

I like your attitude! We need 56,000 of you at every game.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
It blows me away to see you say this to the brother of a recruit. Incredible!

Same here. Luckily every fan base has these "fringe" fans. By "fringe," I mean a little out there. Kind of like aunt Edna. You just do not know what you are going to get from day to day.

There is more to winning. The friendships you develop throughout the season with other fans. Catching up with old friends that you only see at ISU football games. Knowing your team has not quit (even though some fans have) and are still giving 100% effort to pull out a win. I can go on. But ISU is special to all of us. Some take the need to win to an extreme. Granted I do not like losing any more than the next guy but, I can see this thing heading in the right direction. Now is not the time to quit on the team. It is times like this the team needs the fans more so than if they were 9-0.

Last edited:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
We need to keep it positive, but what some people have to realize that ISU fans are a pretty great group of people. How many other BCS conference teams that have had our last 2-3 years would still get fill the stands? Some of those schools fans would be sending death threats and littering the message boards with horrible crap.
Look at Colorado, They still could go to a decent bowl and they only had 70% of their 50,000 seat stadium full on a sunny 60 degree day. I think Next year will be a lot different for ISU. Everyone knew the first couple years were going to be bad, but we have had 3 games torn away from us which puts us at 5-5 with 2 games left. Coach C. Will get it done in the next few years.