Faithful Fans

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Hey City,
Make sure to get to the stadium 2 1/2 hours early if you can... :) You and your family should ride on the firetruck with us. We lead the team bus down the parking lot with kids and fans yelling and screaming. I don't know if Money will be with the team on the bus or if he will be at the end where the team gets off, but you will love it. We have had several families join in the past, and you would love the experience. If you don't ride with us, try and be there for the spirit walk. One of the o-line recruits from Ames '10 is part of our tailgate, so maybe you guys could exchange thoughts. :)

As for 22, we feel your pain and we know your feelings. This thread is about TheCity giving us his perspective. Hang in there, it will get better. One thing I've had to do is realize that when friends give me a hard time about our record, I can assure them that I don't play, but either way I support my team, unlike they do. This is a game, and these are kids that play. As others said, youth and mistakes are why we are only a game out of eligibility. I have seen improvements on both sides, well except maybe the pass d... But I can't imagine that Bolt and Chizik will not correct them.

TheCity, feel free to private message me if you are interested in how to be a part of this.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
F-bombs are heard all over MTV . . movies, and has become the common lingua fare of this new generation. They are ignorant sods who would have been punched out a generation ago. Punks . . they make me sick.

Even Joe Scarborough on Morning Joe MSNBC said the f bomb two days ago. His wife then texted him to ask how much will the fine be. He mean to say F word and the real word came out. It was very funny as his compatriots looked over at him. He apologized on the air.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Even Joe Scarborough on Morning Joe MSNBC said the f bomb two days ago. His wife then texted him to ask how much will the fine be. He mean to say F word and the real word came out. It was very funny as his compatriots looked over at him. He apologized on the air.

I was watching that live, it was hilarious...

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
The City,
I hope you enjoy your visit to Iowa State, and let me assure you the weather is only typical of about one home game a year. Please keep in mind while you and your brother watch the game how our season has gone so far, and if you hear some frustration from the students/crowd, think about how many of us are still out there in the COLD weather at the end of a season we're having and see if you can find another team with as much fan commitment as the Cyclones. I assure you if we were a 5 win team right now with a chance for a bowl game Saturday it would be even more full than it already will be.

I also see what your initial comments in this thread echoed, every "expert" on tv, most unbiased people such as yourself, and even Mark Mangino seem to have a similar view of the program. I believe we will be a very good football program in 2 or 3 years, and I hope your brother will choose to be a part of it. This will be a program built on integrity and character in addition to excellence on the field and ISU is a great place to get an education. Have some fun this weekend.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Outsiders come in here all the time, telling us how we should feel, etc. I won't feel bad about disagreeing with it.

Go find a friend and stop bashing on the guy for giving us some encouragement. Great to hear City, I will be making it to my first home football game of the year vs. Mizzou and I hope Money is there to enjoy the game. We could knock them off this week. Go state!

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site

Just remember if you're tailgating... Iowa State fans are friendly people and will probably offer you a beer not knowing who you are... just don't take it because it'll be a recruiting violation... and somehow it'll come back to bite us...:confused:

In all seriousness though... hope you all enjoy your visit!

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Just remember if you're tailgating... Iowa State fans are friendly people and will probably offer you a beer not knowing who you are... just don't take it because it'll be a recruiting violation... and somehow it'll come back to bite us...:confused:

In all seriousness though... hope you all enjoy your visit!

I doubt he will be doing much tailgating. Recruits and their families are usually taken on tours of all the facilities prior to the game and being taken down onto the field by the bench.

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
I doubt he will be doing much tailgating. Recruits and their families are usually taken on tours of all the facilities prior to the game and being taken down onto the field by the bench.

Which reminds me, I hope there are a lot of kerosene heaters on the side line (they are legal aren't they?) and only on ONE sideline.:wink:
I expect if mom comes along, they may very well be spending their time on the mezzanine at the Jacobsen building. There has also been some discussion as to whether City could join his brother in the bus, to experience "the walk." Does anyone know if this is allowed? Thanks ahead of time.
Go Cyclones. :yes:

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
Man, I was just sitting here thinking how excited I am about this game. The Reynolds family is visiting, that in itself is great news! Then I started thinking...this is the last game of the year :sad::sad::arghh::mad:. Granted our season hasn't been successful, but this last game will be one of the more joyous games yet one of the more sad games of the year. Mixed emotions....I just don't know what to do.

TheCity, enjoy your trip to Ames. Stay warm. Ensure that you and your family have a fun time, take in the environment, the excitement, and hopefully a W for the Cyclones.

Help Support Us

Become a patron