"Community" cancelled

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
The deviation of that show was crazy. Some of the best tv I've watched...as well as some of the worst. I will be sad to see it go...again.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Community Nielsen rank: 97, 138, 144, 133, ?

Two Broke Girls Nielsen rank: 32, 32, ?

Mom appears to be pulling about twice as many viewers as Community.

Money is talking...

Now part of that is the CBS bump. You can't tell me that 2 Broke Girls would have the numbers it has if it had been picked up by NBC.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Now part of that is the CBS bump. You can't tell me that 2 Broke Girls would have the numbers it has if it had been picked up by NBC.

I don't disagree with you, but I don't think it necessarily matters why it is getting ratings. People are watching it, and thus CBS can make money.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I don't disagree with you, but I don't think it necessarily matters why it is getting ratings. People are watching it, and thus CBS can make money.

Sure, I just choose to believe that a show that terrible succeeds because people don't care enough to seek something else out between other CBS shows they watch, not because they actually think it's a great show.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
With CBS airing Thursday night football next year, NBC Thursday comedy night is in even worse shape. I wonder how they will fill that night now. I hope the move Parks and Rec to a different night in the fall so it's ratings don't get lower than they already are.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I loved Community, but it really did fall off in Seasons 4 (no Harmon) and 5 (no Pierce/Troy). Not the worst thing for it to die before it really went off the deep end.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
With CBS airing Thursday night football next year, NBC Thursday comedy night is in even worse shape. I wonder how they will fill that night now. I hope the move Parks and Rec to a different night in the fall so it's ratings don't get lower than they already are.

I don't think it matters, Parks is probably heading into it's last year either way. I'd rather they keep it on Thursday so it doesn't end up stealing viewers from shows like New Girl or Brooklyn 9-9.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'm more ****** they cancelled Trophy Wife. That was a great show!

Why wasn't that show on after Modern Family? What idiot decided that Super Fun Night/Mixology were better fits in that spot? For that matter they could have slid The Goldbergs in between The Middle and Modern Family and probably owned that night. Just stupid programming.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Why wasn't that show on after Modern Family? What idiot decided that Super Fun Night/Mixology were better fits in that spot? For that matter they could have slid The Goldbergs in between The Middle and Modern Family and probably owned that night. Just stupid programming.

Exactly, Super Fun Night was TERRIBLE. They figured people who liked Rebel Wilson would watch thinking it would actually be funny.

Goldbergs is awesome too. Glad it's at least returning, but mega bummed for Trophy Wife. Much like i was when The B in Apartment 23 was cancelled.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I don't think it matters, Parks is probably heading into it's last year either way. I'd rather they keep it on Thursday so it doesn't end up stealing viewers from shows like New Girl or Brooklyn 9-9.

I was hoping the season finale of Parks this year would be the series finale. Would have been a nice finish.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Exactly, Super Fun Night was TERRIBLE. They figured people who liked Rebel Wilson would watch thinking it would actually be funny.

Goldbergs is awesome too. Glad it's at least returning, but mega bummed for Trophy Wife. Much like i was when The B in Apartment 23 was cancelled.

If you squinted at Super Fun Night you could see some ingredients for a good show, but it really just didn't work. But even if it had bee a great show, it would have still bombed after Modern Family because it's just not the same audience. Same for Mixology.

If you had swapped those two into that post Agents of SHIELD slot, it at least would have made some sense, as those shows appeal in theory to the younger viewers you're counting on Marvel to draw in. And like I said, the shows they did put after SHIELD were natural fits for that Wednesday family comedy block. Plus, you would have still had a half season of Suburgatory waiting in the wings that probably could have fit on either night if one of the new shows bombed.

I sometimes think I missed my calling to be a TV executive, but apparently I am too smart and logical for that profession anyway.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Community Nielsen rank: 97, 138, 144, 133, ?

Two Broke Girls Nielsen rank: 32, 32, ?

Mom appears to be pulling about twice as many viewers as Community.

IDIOTS are talking...

FIFY.

When reality TV shows and shows like "2 Broke Girls" and "Mom" are money makers, it's a clear sign of how simpleminded Americans have become.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I just came across the news a little while ago on Facebook. I've watched "Community" religiously since the pilot episode, so I'm pretty bummed.

Doubly bummed since NBC also cancelled "Revolution". Not quite the cult-show or buzzed about program like "Community" was, but a good, solid show with an intriguing premise. I'll miss that one as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron