"Community" cancelled

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Saw three episodes and I never understood the allure of that show.

Really depends on which three episodes you saw. From the middle of the first season to the third, it was some of the most inventive, pop-culture skewering, and clever programming out there. Since then ... hit or miss would be kind.

Oh, those great episodes - paintball, the KFC space simulator, chicken strip mafia, model UN ("crisis alert!"), the sailing class with Lee Majors, Dungeons and Dragons (both of those episodes were pretty good), the glee club (Annie in the sexy Santa costume), and of course, the classic multiple-timelines episode.

And don't forget Leonard's frozen pizza reviews.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I really hope Netflix or Hulu pick it up for a few seasons. #sixseasonsandamovie #anniesboobs

TranCytive

Apr 15, 2014
I've never watched community but is that Kendrick Lamar? What is he doing on this show?

clone96cr

Apr 11, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Not cool, cool, cool. Great show that rewarded its longtime viewers with inside jokes and some season long story arcs. Not a show someone can casually pop in and "check it out". You really had to know each of the character's personality quirks to really enjoy the story lines. Difficult for shows like that to survive against a lot of the one episode story arc shows with plain Jane characters that are out there. I won't call those shows crap, but they can't get you to invest the way a show like "Community" can.

RIP Community

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Biggest disappointment for me with this news is that it went out with a complete dud of a series finale. Hopefully Netflix picks it up and does a final season like they did for arrested development.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm very happy to see this. Even the average seasons of Community are better than 90% of the TV that's on right now. The fact that it got cancelled was absolutely absurd.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
If they could get Donald Glover back at least a few episodes I'd go from excited to ecstatic.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I'm very happy to see this. Even the average seasons of Community are better than 90% of the TV that's on right now. The fact that it got cancelled was absolutely absurd.

Its called not getting ratings.

Its an ok show, lets not get too carried away here.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I've very happy it's coming back, too. Sure, it's not the greatest show ever, but that doesn't mean it's not exciting for those of us who have seen every episode since the show's inception.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron