COLUMN: My perspective on Fred Hoiberg/Nebraska

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It's about time you stop living with your overweight and ugly sister.
1346417045_rebel-wilson-matt-lucas-lg.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I would have bet my house that CW would write a Freddy article. Where's Siepker when I need him?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’ll give you credit that you guessed accurately that a guy who has two choices of leagues to coach in might come back and coach in the one he didn’t get fired in.

Oh come on. I deserve more credit than that. I’ve been predicting this for years. Since CW was spewing the “hates recruiting” and he’ll retire young and he’ll be in some front office.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Oh come on. I deserve more credit than that. I’ve been predicting this for years. Since CW was spewing the “hates recruiting” and he’ll retire young and he’ll be in some front office.

Weren’t most of your predictions that he’d coach at Kansas?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I honestly don't see Fred as having the gravitas to work at a blue blood or an NBA team again. His stars ran the show in Chicago.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Another point...is Dan Gable associated with ISU or Iowa? Are ISU fans salty he coached there?

The last time Gable had any association with ISU was in 1987, when ISU won the Natl Championship in Wrestling and that low life Gable was bragging how he Wrestled at ISU....what a lifelife scumbag Dan Gable is and always will be imho...

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Why doesn't he wait on somewhere like maybe Texas or LSU to open up? Hell maybe even Arizona could open up. Or Kansas if the Self to the Bulls rumors are true.
He wont get any of these jobs. His momentum is stalled right now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Weren’t most of your predictions that he’d coach at Kansas?

Details, details....

I did predict that. I also thought he’d end up in the big 10. My prediction was Michigan state though.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There is no glossing this over. The bs reasons for leaving, the money, the failure, the betrayal. Huck the Fusckers. Hell Fred was just in Ames like a month ago, better soak up the good vibes cause they aren't going to be there anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy and Lineup

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Northwestern has tougher academic requirements so their pool of recruits is smaller. Any dope can get into Nebraska.
That’s attractive to a lot of those in that pool though. Meanwhile Nebraska has some football success from before the recruits were born.

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006
Sounds like he has 28,000,001 reasons to take the job. (Didn't read whole thread, so sorry if someone else was first stating this)

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Coaches are hired guns--no more and no less. Their only loyalty is to whoever signs their checks.

Lon Kruger and I had classes together at K-State. Kruger was both a great player and coach. His jersey hangs in the rafters of the Octagon. He now coaches at Oklahoma. I neither hate nor love that fact. I do not wish him well nor ill will except when the Sooners are playing the Cats. Lon was hired to do a job in Norman. He owes it to his employer to do his best. I would be disappointed if he did anything less.

Why should ISU fans feel any differently about Fred Hoiberg? The fairy tale is in your heads and not Fred's. When you peel away all the emotions, basketball is just a business. It is also a lot more fun with the emotions.

B1G difference, Oklahoma didn't abandon the Big 12 and their fans hope and pray for the demise of the Big 12. So, not a fairy tale.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
B1G difference, Oklahoma didn't abandon the Big 12 and their fans hope and pray for the demise of the Big 12. So, not a fairy tale.
The funny thing is it has been far better for Isu not to hve Neb, mo, and co. We have thrived those schools not so much.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron