Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
So I got pulled over last night for going 6 over the speed limit, yes 6. But the cop was really nice about it and told me that I looked like a nice kid and didn't write me a speeding ticket.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

He didn't write me a speeding ticket but I was unlucky enough to not have my insurance card on me so instead of a $150ish speeding ticket, I got a $394 no insurance citation.

Sucks to suck

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Do you have insurance? If so, get a copy and go show the courts and they will remove the ticket

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
If you do have an insurance all you have to do is show proof of it at the courthouse and your insurance ticket is dropped.

Reactions: Clonegrad07

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I give credit to my wife. Whenever we get the insurance cards, she makes me put it in the glove box immediately.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I give credit to my wife. Whenever we get the insurance cards, she makes me put it in the glove box immediately.

Our insurance company sends two copies of each insurance card. They go right in our wallets. Never an issue.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Our insurance company sends two copies of each insurance card. They go right in our wallets. Never an issue.

This is what we do. I just switched vehicles so I had my other card, but not for the one I was driving. I can't believe they can't look that stuff up. All the other numbers are the same, just not the vehicle ID.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
The point is that the guy got pulled over for doing six over and has to pay court costs for not having PROOF of insurance. I know, I know, he shouldn't have been SPEEDING and he should have that piece of PAPER. Does anybody have insurance where they can show proof on their phone? I wonder if a copy would not accept that since you would have to hand them your phone.

Tough luck man, the people that get hit with these kinds of things are usually the people that can't afford it and it creates an endless cycle. Guy is late for work, speeding at six miles over the limit. Gets hit with a violation. Was barely able to make his payment on his car or house, now he has to come up with $60-$400 in fees. Gets fired because he was late or because he needs the time off to go to the courthouse because you can't just mail in the fees. The guy then loses everything he has or had because he missed his alarm. This happens all too often sadly.

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale
So I got pulled over last night for going 6 over the speed limit, yes 6. But the cop was really nice about it and told me that I looked like a nice kid and didn't write me a speeding ticket.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

He didn't write me a speeding ticket but I was unlucky enough to not have my insurance card on me so instead of a $150ish speeding ticket, I got a $394 no insurance citation.

Sucks to suck

Why would your auto insurance card be anywhere but inside your car's glovebox?

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
This is what we do. I just switched vehicles so I had my other card, but not for the one I was driving. I can't believe they can't look that stuff up. All the other numbers are the same, just not the vehicle ID.

Agreed w/ this. Can't they go back in their little computer and look to see if the driver has insurance?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The point is that the guy got pulled over for doing six over and has to pay court costs for not having PROOF of insurance. I know, I know, he shouldn't have been SPEEDING and he should have that piece of PAPER. Does anybody have insurance where they can show proof on their phone? I wonder if a copy would not accept that since you would have to hand them your phone.

Tough luck man, the people that get hit with these kinds of things are usually the people that can't afford it and it creates an endless cycle. Guy is late for work, speeding at six miles over the limit. Gets hit with a violation. Was barely able to make his payment on his car or house, now he has to come up with $60-$400 in fees. Gets fired because he was late or because he needs the time off to go to the courthouse because you can't just mail in the fees. The guy then loses everything he has or had because he missed his alarm. This happens all too often sadly.
We need car insurance reform in this country.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
If you had it in the glove box it seems this wouldn't be an issue, then you wouldn't have posted this and we wouldn't have had to read about it.

I blame you.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Fun Fact: driving without proof of insurance is more a costly fine than having possession of alcohol if you're a minor.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Every time I care less about your threads I'm always surprised when the next one I care even less. Good work.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron