Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Get Geico, use their app. Never forget your insurance card again.
So I just downloaded the Allstate app, so I'm in good hands. It states, "This does not constitute an insurance ID card as may be required in your state." Does anybody know if Iowa is one of the states that this wouldn't be legal proof?

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
My buddy got pulled over recently. When he opened his glove box, a Smirrnoff Ice rolled out and dropped on the ground. Apparently one of his other buddies had put it in there over a month before and completely forgot about it. Even thought I think "icing" people is ridicolous, this one was epic. Fortunately the officer thought it was pretty funny and let him off with a warning.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
So I got pulled over last night for going 6 over the speed limit, yes 6. But the cop was really nice about it and told me that I looked like a nice kid and didn't write me a speeding ticket.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

He didn't write me a speeding ticket but I was unlucky enough to not have my insurance card on me so instead of a $150ish speeding ticket, I got a $394 no insurance citation.

Sucks to suck

If you go in to the County Attorney's office and present your insurance card that indicates you were insured at that point in time, they will probably drop the ticket and you'll only have to pay court costs. Unless the guy handling magistrate stuff at the Story County Attorney's Office is a total *****.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
My buddy got pulled over recently. When he opened his glove box, a Smirrnoff Ice rolled out and dropped on the ground. Apparently one of his other buddies had put it in there over a month before and completely forgot about it. Even thought I think "icing" people is ridicolous, this one was epic. Fortunately the officer thought it was pretty funny and let him off with a warning.

A warning for what? It's not illegal for someone over the age of 21 to possess unopened alcohol in their car.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
So I got pulled over last night for going 6 over the speed limit, yes 6. But the cop was really nice about it and told me that I looked like a nice kid and didn't write me a speeding ticket.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

He didn't write me a speeding ticket but I was unlucky enough to not have my insurance card on me so instead of a $150ish speeding ticket, I got a $394 no insurance citation.

Sucks to suck

So are you upset at the law, or are you upset with yourself for being a moron?

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
So basically you got a break on a speeding ticket and your ******? He could have/should have written you tickets for each infraction. You're going to pay $60 when you would have paid about $500 and you were in the wrong! Man, I can see why you're steamed!

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

He didn't write me a speeding ticket but I was unlucky enough to not have my insurance card on me so instead of a $150ish speeding ticket, I got a $397.50 no insurance citation.

Sucks to suck

I fixed that for you. It will only cost you $60 in court costs if you take a valid insurance card to the clerk of courts office. Stay safe!

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
6 over blows... I usually consider myself "safe" and hold at 7-9 over. I've never been pulled over (been driving since I was 14 and on a school permit), but I think my Prius looks like it goes slower than it actually does.

What were you driving? You must be one shady looking dude... :wideeyed:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My buddy got pulled over recently. W hen he opened his glove box, a Smirrnoff Ice rolled out and dropped on the ground. Apparently one of his other buddies had put it in there over a month before and completely forgot about it. Even thought I think "icing" people is ridicolous, this one w as epic. Fortunately the officer thought it was pretty funny and let him off with a warning.

Buddy, smirnoff, buddy? You guys wear skirts too?

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
So basically you got a break on a speeding ticket and your ******? He could have/should have written you tickets for each infraction. You're going to pay $60 when you would have paid about $500 and you were in the wrong! Man, I can see why you're steamed!

Going 6 over does not result in a $500 fine, unless it is a construction zone in Illinois. The fine for lack of insurance proof is easy to get out of.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Going 6 over does not result in a $500 fine, unless it is a construction zone in Illinois. The fine for lack of insurance is easy to get out of.

Add in the insurance ticket...you are close to $500 probley. That's what he was saying. (if he in fact didn't have insurance)

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
One you show the court proof that you were insured at the time of the infraction, that fine is waived.

You're bad at reading. There is a $60 fee even if the citation is waived. He's paying $60 instead of the speeding ticket (around $100) plus the lack of insurance ($394). Or, around $500.

I understand in no circumstance was he actually going to pay the $394 if he actually has insurance, which I already stated in my first post.

Help Support Us

Become a patron