What I know about the Prohm/Alabama speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just figured I'd put something out on this since it's such a hot topic right now nationally.

As of now, I just don't think there is anything to it. I can't find anything of substance other than the national guys speculating on Prohm's name, which I totally understand due to his connections there. That's just how this business works. Find ties, who knows what AD, who was an assistant where, etc.

From what I know, Prohm is happy at Iowa State and wants to stay for the foreseeable future.

There is always the financial caveat. March is weird and things get silly this time of season.

But again - as of now - I think this is a non-story.

Will be sure to update you all on anything if I believe that changes.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just figured I'd put something out on this since it's such a hot topic right now nationally.

As of now, I just don't think there is anything to it. I can't find anything of substance other than the national guys speculating on Prohm's name, which I totally understand due to his connections there. That's just how this business works. Find ties, who knows what AD, who was an assistant where, etc.

From what I know, Prohm is happy at Iowa State and wants to stay for the foreseeable future.

There is always the financial caveat. March is weird and things get silly this time of season.

Can you please tell that to Randy P and the National Enquirer newspaper he works for!

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

Gotta imagine JP will give Prohm a raise once the season is done. Not sure he'll get 3M, but he should be getting at least 2.7. He's currently 9th out of 10 coaches in salary in the Big 12, which should not be the case at ISU.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Gotta imagine JP will give Prohm a raise once the season is done. Not sure he'll get 3M, but he should be getting at least 2.7. He's currently 9th out of 10 coaches in salary in the Big 12, which should not be the case at ISU.

He should be 2nd only to Self. In his time here, he's done as much as could be expected and far more than most other coaches in the league not named Bill Self.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
He should be 2nd only to Self. In his time here, he's done as much as could be expected and far more than most other coaches in the league not named Bill Self.
You think Prohm is worth ~$4M? Because that is pretty much what Huggins makes.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

He's done a good job overall i think, but the list of coaches in the big 12 includes what, 8 guys that have made it to the elite 8? 2nd only to bill self might be a bit of a stretch.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm not even sure what you are referencing with Pete ... did he write something on this today? (Gonna be a late night with the 9 p.m. tip so I'm just kind of starting my work day)

Curious what you think of dauster saying prohm wants out of ames.

Also it feels like you are back tracking from yesterday a bit.

Cyclone1995

Mar 16, 2016
He had something up within the past hour. He's obsessive about running down the programs by putting doubt in recruit's minds about the long-term tenure of our coaches. He'll probably start writing articles about Dresser going to some other school. Hok doosh. He's still sore about getting his leg broken.

And Peterson loves to say that the Big 10 is better than the Big 12.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Add Beard, Huggins, and Weber to that list. And since you’re a body-of-work type and not one of those what-have-you-done-for-me lately types, body of work gets Drew and Lon higher.

But if JP thinks this one of the lower points of the next 5 years, he should be willing to pay more than what results in 5th or 6th.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You think Prohm is worth ~$4M? Because that is pretty much what Huggins makes.

Let me clarify - I don't know if he's 2nd or not, but I think he deserves to be in the top few.

I believe he should be at 3.5mil as base and then incentives like usual. We can't keep being cheap or we'll always just be a stepping stone. We have the money and it takes money to retain good coaches and staff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron