Idea: Subscription Cubs Forum

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Pro Sports doesn't cause the problems that politics or In-State did. It is the summer not much to talk about with ISU.

Reactions: Havs

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Heck I don't like the weather threads... Can we opt them too???:jimlad:

I think we might be getting carried about with subscription forums and what not. I have to admit, I don't miss the rivals-instate forum on the front page one bit.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
The number of Cubs threads is getting pretty ridiculous, and it's quickly making me dislike the Cubs. As a casual baseball fan, I was pretty indifferent last year when the Cubs blew it right away in the post season. This year WHEN it happens, I will actually enjoy it.

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
I think having all the Cyclone related threads on the front page/recent threads page is a great idea. Have everything else in the forum index. Then if you want to go check out information on the Cubs, "in-state rivals", or the news you could go to that forum. Or, you could go to cubs.com, hawkeyereport.com, or CNN.com.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
The number of Cubs threads is getting pretty ridiculous, and it's quickly making me dislike the Cubs. As a casual baseball fan, I was pretty indifferent last year when the Cubs blew it right away in the post season. This year WHEN it happens, I will actually enjoy it.
...and Cub fans everywhere will be indifferent to your enjoyment.

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA

I guess liking the mariners all you can really be is a casual fan :biglaugh:

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
I think having all the Cyclone related threads on the front page/recent threads page is a great idea. Have everything else in the forum index. Then if you want to go check out information on the Cubs, "in-state rivals", or the news you could go to that forum. Or, you could go to cubs.com, hawkeyereport.com, or CNN.com.
Moving in-state rivals off of the front page has killed that part of the board. There are maybe 10 posts a day in that area now.

So you move "cub" threads off the front page, then you are stuck with a bunch of Cardinal/White Sox threads. Where does it stop?

Part of the reason I frequent this board is BECAUSE of the varying topics OTHER than ISU.

IMO this board will die if you continue to limit/remove non-ISU content.