Idea: Subscription Cubs Forum

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Moving in-state rivals off of the front page has killed that part of the board. There are maybe 10 posts a day in that area now.

So you move "cub" threads off the front page, then you are stuck with a bunch of Cardinal/White Sox threads. Where does it stop?

Part of the reason I frequent this board is BECAUSE of the varying topics OTHER than ISU.

IMO this board will die if you continue to limit/remove non-ISU content.

I'm really starting to see things eye-to-eye with you as of late.
I agree with this in a big big way. As said before, we're in the summer and not a great deal of ISU news is going on, so of course you'll see other topics on the main page more often.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Part of the reason I frequent this board is BECAUSE of the varying topics OTHER than ISU.

Exactly. As ridiculous as it sounds, the first place I hear about most news stories is CF.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Another idea for those that hate seeing Cubs threads at the top: post more in other threads that interest you. Just an idea....

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Another idea for those that hate seeing Cubs threads at the top: post more in other threads that interest you. Just an idea....
but people are talkin bout stuff i dont wanna talk about.:cry:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Pro Sports doesn't cause the problems that politics or In-State did. It is the summer not much to talk about with ISU.

Obviously you are a Cubs fan if it doesn't annoy the snot out of you.

I think having all the Cyclone related threads on the front page/recent threads page is a great idea. Have everything else in the forum index. Then if you want to go check out information on the Cubs, "in-state rivals", or the news you could go to that forum. Or, you could go to cubs.com, hawkeyereport.com, or CNN.com.

I like the idea of the front page being limited to Cyclone related posts. It either needs to be that or everything needs to be front page available (politics, instate rivals, etc)

When we had the discussion of moving instate rivals off the front page, the idea was brought up of each user of CF being able to customize their own front page for topics they want quick access to. THIS is the solution IMO. Hopefully Jeremy is working on the programming for that feature as I type because it is sorely needed.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Moving in-state rivals off of the front page has killed that part of the board. There are maybe 10 posts a day in that area now.

[snip]

I hate to say it, because I find the constant Cubs chatter annoying (so sad to be so insecure :wink:), but superdorf is right. Hit it on the nose.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Really?? Is it really that big of an issue? I find it amazing how much talk on this forum is ******** about the forum.

I never had a problem when everything was front page available, but as soon as we isolated Politics and InState Rivals, you open up the bag to everything else that detracts from Cyclone discussion being moved off the main page as well. I think it is a valid subject matter. Why some topics, but not others?? The Cubs threads have been every bit as numerous as Hawk threads were....why not treat them the same??

I'll say it again...everything needs to be front page or the user needs to be able to customize it to his preferences.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
User customized front pages. Can I get an update if this feature is coming sooner rather than later?

Thanks!

I believe I read in the past it was a cost and time issue. I could be completely wrong, but for some reason I was remembering that.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Obviously you are a Cubs fan if it doesn't annoy the snot out of you.

I like the idea of the front page being limited to Cyclone related posts. It either needs to be that or everything needs to be front page available (politics, instate rivals, etc)

When we had the discussion of moving instate rivals off the front page, the idea was brought up of each user of CF being able to customize their own front page for topics they want quick access to. THIS is the solution IMO. Hopefully Jeremy is working on the programming for that feature as I type because it is sorely needed.
Is that why I'm so stuffed up. I thought it was allergy's.

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
If you put cyclone related threads only on the front page your traffic will go down and I'm sure your advertisers will not like that.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
If Jeremy can add a countdown/no countdown option at the bottom of the page, I'm sure that adding an in-state/no in-state option wouldn't be too difficult.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
The user choice option is being worked on/researched. It would be ideal but not as easy as it sounds.

Help Support Us

Become a patron