Idea: Subscription Cubs Forum

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I could care less about the Cubs. But nobody is forcing me to open or read any of the Cub related threads. Some people are concerned about the smallest things.

I agree wholeheartedly. Thus the reason we shouldn't censor any topic (politics or instate rivals included).

If we are continue to censor things from the front page, the cub threads should be first in line however.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Why 100? It will only take 82 games to win the NL Central.
NL Central Teams with a World Series title in the last 100 years:
St. Louis Cardinals x 9
Cincinnati Reds x 5
Pittsburgh Pirates x 5
Milwaukee Braves (no central at the time, later the Atlanta Braves of NL East)

Local teams that have won at least one World Series in the last 100 years:
Minn. Twins
St. Louis Cardinals
K.C. Royals
Chicago White Sox
Milwaukee Braves

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
I agree wholeheartedly. Thus the reason we shouldn't censor any topic (politics or instate rivals included).

If we are continue to censor things from the front page, the cub threads should be first in line however.

And we should ignore all of the other baseball threads?

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
NL Central Teams with a World Series title in the last 100 years:
St. Louis Cardinals x 9
Cincinnati Reds x 5
Pittsburgh Pirates x 5
Milwaukee Braves (no central at the time, later the Atlanta Braves of NL East)

Local teams that have won at least one World Series in the last 100 years:
Minn. Twins
St. Louis Cardinals
K.C. Royals
Chicago White Sox
Milwaukee Braves

What's your point?

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Jeremy,
Can we have a new subscription forum for all of these cubs threads?

Signed,
The rest of us that don't care...
please god please -- they drive us cyclone fans away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
And we should ignore all of the other baseball threads?

Fine by me...I don't read them.

I'd rather open the front page back up to all topics, but that doesn't seem likely to happen sooooo....as 2nd and 3rd choice, I pick front page news limited to Cyclone topics or customized front pages for each user.

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
Fine by me...I don't read them.

I'd rather open the front page back up to all topics, but that doesn't seem likely to happen sooooo....as 2nd and 3rd choice, I pick front page news limited to Cyclone topics or customized front pages for each user.

So, let me get this straight, because you don't read the baseball threads (especially the cubs threads) you want them removed because they are inconveniencing you?

In that case, I don't read the cyclone wrestling threads, can we have them removed too? I mean, if we are wanting personal requests filled, need to get mine in too!

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
So, let me get this straight, because you don't read the baseball threads (especially the cubs threads) you want them removed because they are inconveniencing you?

In that case, I don't read the cyclone wrestling threads, can we have them removed too? I mean, if we are wanting personal requests filled, need to get mine in too!

The problem is more that they monopolize space that could consist of Cyclone related subject matter.

Again...I don't think anything should be moved off the front page (as I keep stating), BUT since we have already traveled down that path (which I think was a poor decision in the first place), why stop now?

I look at it this way...the site is called CycloneFanatic. If I were from another school and came over here and saw a bunch of threads about the Cubs, I might think we weren't too serious about Cyclone athletics.

If I were a recruit from out of state and googled to find this site and learn more about the support for the ISU athletics program and ISU college experience and I see half the threads about the Cubs, I might question the enthusiasm of ISU's fans.

Again, I would much rather the front page was open to all topics and being able to customize it to each user's top choices of topics would be awesome. If we can't do that and have already moved other non-Cyclone topics off the front page, we might as well move the rest of them so when a visitor comes to CF, they see Cyclone discussions.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
My point is simple. This is cyclonefanatic.com, not cubsfanatic.com.

If you guys are fine with it, I'll just start Twins threads all day long. By the way, I'm guessing Mauer hit 3rd today.

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA

If you guys are fine with it, I'll just start Twins threads all day long. By the way, I'm guessing Mauer hit 3rd today.

More power to you. This is a message board. A place where anybody can write about whatever they want. Most CFers are fans of other things than the cyclones and being that it is in the middle of summer there isn't a whole lot going on in the cyclone department.

Naturally with baseball being the only "real" sport going on right now it will be talked about.

Why some people cannot grasp this concept is beyond me :no:

(end of rant)

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
In going over the pro-sports forum, it looks like nearly as many Cardinals threads or other fans bashing the Cubs, as there are straight up Cubs threads.

Not exactly Cub fans fault they actually talk about their team, and the other MLB teams can't get enough fans together to do the same. And no - it's not the same as hawk fans or the rivals board in that at least the Cubs fans are Clone fans as well - or at least most of them.

Start a thread about the Reds, Mariners or whomever. I personally couldn't care less. But it seems that all other fans want to do is rip the Cubs.

Reactions: tyrelrobert

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
More power to you. This is a message board. A place where anybody can write about whatever they want. Most CFers are fans of other things than the cyclones and being that it is in the middle of summer there isn't a whole lot going on in the cyclone department.

Naturally with baseball being the only "real" sport going on right now it will be talked about.

Why some people cannot grasp this concept is beyond me :no:

(end of rant)

Incorrect. There are topic banned from the front page (politics, Hawkeyes). That's the point. I feel the same way about having to wade through Cubs threads cluttering up the front page.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I go to cyclonefanatic. Not Cubfanatic. I realize it is the summer, and i realize that there are many Iowa state fans that are Cubs fans.

....still, it looks more like Cubfanatic lately. barf.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006

I'm all for that. When something comes up related to Iowa State in the summer, it will take top priority. Once Football season rolls around, the Cubs threads won't even be in the top 15, unless they do something special in the postseason.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Gosh, people. Just ignore what you don't like instead of going to those threads and complaining that they're there.
I know I'll be happier.