Screenname Motivation

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
When launching rockets recreationally you launch into the wind so that it floats back to you as it descends under the parachute. Hence, with a wind out of the west I could "aim" towards IC for better theatrical effect at the launch.

Given that my max altitude for this rocket is on the order of a few thousand feet, it would take a hurricane out of the east to get any sort of over-the-ground distance.

I figured that was the case, when I threw the discus in HS my best throws were into a slight wind.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I wanted a clean start when I converted from CR but somehow I still seam to but heads with the same guys. :rolleyes:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
89 ISU grad and always been a fan even growing up and a big fan of Kevin Harvick #29 in NASCAR

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Mine's Italian for Cyclone, just like me. I thought it'd be a fun and clever way to show everyone who I am. Yay! :smile:

OK...specifically I'm Sicilian, so watch what you say or I'll bust a baseball bat over your head. :mad:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
nothing much to mine, its based off my name. (alex larson)

the fire marshall bill avatar is based off of the fact that many thought my username was "Al Arson"

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
when I signed up I was a meteorology major...didn't feel like failing out so I changed.

Clonophilia

Nov 5, 2009
Ames
"Philia" is greek for (brotherly) love.

Also going with the "I bleed Cardinal (and Gold)" type-of-deal. You know, hemophilia/clonophilia.

Lame, I know.

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
It is my name (born Esyedepeea Aesfyza). Nudist Christian Church anyone?

The Book of Zevs: brought down from the mountains on the horns of three long-horn steers...Yep, I've heard of it.

CF wouldn't let me use "Aqua Velva" so I had to improvise. Irresponsible was a song on a cd I was playing at the time and it seemed like a fun screen name to hide behind.

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
I'm an entomologist, so my screen is the same as my Cyclone license plates = BUGS4CY.
Had to find an avatar with some kind of pink in it since I'm a giiiirl.