Screenname Motivation

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
The (somewhat) recent thread about how individuals are connected to the AD made me think that it could be interested to find out how some of us chose our screennames. Any takers?

I took mine from a rocket (named "Hawk Hunter") I started building in 2006 (see attached images). To help with the sense of scale, the rocket is 8' 4" long with diameters of 5.5" and 4". I hope to finally get it launched this summer (school got in the way of completing it) in Walcott, and hopefully there will be a wind out of the west so it can be launched toward IC.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
oh no problem. carry on with the thread cuz theres a lot of diff people on here now and like i said, it was probably 3 years ago. i just think its funny if you stick around this board long enough, every thread gets repeated.

fanaticagain

Jun 6, 2009
I posted under a different username for a long time. It included my real name and I decided I didn't want people to see it, so I started up a new account. Thus, I'm a "fanatic again."

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The (somewhat) recent thread about how individuals are connected to the AD made me think that it could be interested to find out how some of us chose our screennames. Any takers?

I took mine from a rocket (named "Hawk Hunter") I started building in 2006 (see attached images). To help with the sense of scale, the rocket is 8' 4" long with diameters of 5.5" and 4". I hope to finally get it launched this summer (school got in the way of completing it) in Walcott, and hopefully there will be a wind out of the west so it can be launched toward IC.

2 questions
What's that bad boy packing and what's it gonna take to get a guidance system that can hit the press box?

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Tool song "Reflection"....What ever will bewilder me...started using it in early high school and it's been one of my names for 10-12 years.

Reactions: CYVADER

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
2 questions
What's that bad boy packing and what's it gonna take to get a guidance system that can hit the press box?

It'll launch on a 54mm motor (likely to have thrust between ~150 and ~600 lbs).

A guidance system would require several modifications/components:

• more-powerful motor capability to get the required distance
  • modifications to the fins to allow for active-control
  • the guidance components themselves (obviously)
  • back-room deals to acquire parts and avoid getting my *** thrown in jail

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
first and middle initial, the 829 came about from hotmail saying "that user id is taken, try" and 829 was an option. Ever since then it has stuck even though that hotmail account has been gone for a good 12 years now.