Royce refuses to play in D League

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
With all due respect - screw you Royce. Take your mental health issues, earn minimum wage somewhere you have to wear a hairnet, and argue with THEM about your mental health. Find a nice bridge and tweet until you have lost EVERY last person that saw something special in you.

Spoiled child.

Yeah.... not really though because there is ZERO chance he works for minumum wage he'll be milking his "disability" for SSI.

There are way more people deserving of people's sympathy than RW especially those with more serious disabilities who's cloak RW is desperately trying to hide under. This doctor is clearly a ploy to get his way (he wants the rockets to approve a doctor who is going to tell the team to give him more minutes) if he is suggesting he not go to the D league.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So would all of you be satisfied if he became the Rodman of his generation and always said publicly after some human atrocity "it's because of ISU and their fans that I became who I am" instead of being honest about having things he is unable to do without severe negative consequences in his life and is unwilling to suffer those severe negative consequences? To me, that shows he is willing and able to work hard to overcome/adjust to the hand life has dealt him as responsibly as his health and support systems allow.

I think Royce has shown BB is important to him and enough so that he would work hard to get additional mental health intervention and support so he could play and attend college without having a major and destructive life breakdown - for himself and others.

So a "dream" paycheck is more important than a good life, family or health for the rest of you guys? How's that working out for you? A "dream" paycheck/job is not what those who haven't been there think it is, I assure you. It is easy to be harsh and judgmental about something you imagine is more wonderful that it is in reality.

I wish Royce a better future than the NBA or CycloneFanatic fans are currently offering him.

And it's not Royce White who is setting mental health causes back 50 years - it's the willing ignorance and apathy of those who say they "care" (or used to) for his well-being.

The problem is I don't buy that that is actually the case. How come he wasn't in shape for camp? How come there wasn't a single issue here? How come none of this was a problem until he got sent down? Why can't he play in the D-league? Is it that much more stressful playing in the D-league?

None of that adds up to basketball. That adds up to feeling like you're entitled because you have a disorder.

Reactions: Angie and CloneIce
D

DistrictCyclone

I wish Royce a better future than the NBA or CycloneFanatic fans are currently offering him.

And it's not Royce White who is setting mental health causes back 50 years - it's the willing ignorance and apathy of those who say they "care" (or used to) for his well-being.

I think it's possible to be supportive of Royce's "cause" and wish him well while also being frustrated/disappointed/angry/etc. about the way he's handled the situation.

By the way, is that your Flying V?

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I can't answer those questions. Neither can you. Playing jump to conclusions and pin the blame on the *** just might not be the best game to play under those circumstances.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I think it's possible to be supportive of Royce's "cause" and wish him well while also being frustrated/disappointed/angry/etc. about the way he's handled the situation.

By the way, is that your Flying V?

Frustration I get. Blaming and shunning due to lack of understanding how someone can throw away what others see as a golden opportunity coming from a healthy perspective is another.

I don't own a Michael Schenker of MSG and UFO flying V (My Avatar). It looks cool but short of the signature model made in USA at like $3-4K, it don't sound cool. But cool looks is fine when there's no sound to go with it.

I do own a Gibson and Epi Flying V.

Last edited:

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah.... not really though because there is ZERO chance he works for minumum wage he'll be milking his "disability" for SSI.

There are way more people deserving of people's sympathy than RW especially those with more serious disabilities who's cloak RW is desperately trying to hide under. This doctor is clearly a ploy to get his way (he wants the rockets to approve a doctor who is going to tell the team to give him more minutes) if he is suggesting he not go to the D league.

Milking SSD is like milking a male cat. It's not very satisfying for the milker, it's way more work than a real job and there's no milk to be had. But the milkee seems to like it just fine.

Last edited:

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
So would all of you be satisfied if he became the Rodman of his generation and always said publicly after some human atrocity "it's because of ISU and their fans that I became who I am" instead of being honest about having things he is unable to do without severe negative consequences in his life and is unwilling to suffer those severe negative consequences? To me, that shows he is willing and able to work hard to overcome/adjust to the hand life has dealt him as responsibly as his health and support systems allow.

I think Royce has shown BB is important to him and enough so that he would work hard to get additional mental health intervention and support so he could play and attend college without having a major and destructive life breakdown - for himself and others.

So a "dream" paycheck is more important than a good life, family or health for the rest of you guys? How's that working out for you? A "dream" paycheck/job is not what those who haven't been there think it is, I assure you. It is easy to be harsh and judgmental about something you imagine is more wonderful that it is in reality.

ok guys, which one of you were giving impermissible gifts to Royce?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
So White tells the NBA his condition wont be an issue and then he makes it an issue. The guy is so messed up in the head he cannot grow up, make a few mill, and be set for the rest of his life.

Hey Royce, life is tough. In the working world not many people will go out of their way to deal with your situation. Suck it up and do the NBA thing. You will make more money there than anywhere else in life.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So White tells the NBA his condition wont be an issue and then he makes it an issue. The guy is so messed up in the head he cannot grow up, make a few mill, and be set for the rest of his life.

Hey Royce, life is tough. In the working world not many people will go out of their way to deal with your situation. Suck it up and do the NBA thing. You will make more money there than anywhere else in life.

I worked two different jobs this semester where people did go out of their way to deal with my situation, but I was also showing up to work and getting done what I could get done.

Royce should try that.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

I worked two different jobs this semester where people did go out of their way to deal with my situation, but I was also showing up to work and getting done what I could get done.

Royce should try that.

Actually, yeah, I didn't think of it until you just said that. I have an employee who has an anxiety disorder. He came to me...6 months ago and said he has it, his doctor is switching meds, and it takes time to adjust. He's missed prolly a day every 2-3 weeks since then, but he's a good kid. I'd rather work with him on that than the ones who bail with no notice on a Friday in order to go to the bar.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Royce should try that.

But you do show up for work and are not using your situation as an excuse.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I have been a huge supporter of Royce through and through. My view of him is gradually changing. I understand he wants to do what is best for his health but this cannot be good for it. It has to be causing so much stress which has to be making things worse. The thing that bugs me though is him sitting on twitter all day claiming to be an advocate. I am done listening to it. I suffer from panic disorder and it is just as hard as anxiety, if not more difficult since my attacks will come out of the blue instead of building up gradually and causing a panic attack. I played basketball in high school for an entire year when my panic attacks were provoked by being on a basketball court. He apparently has one thing that is causing his anxiety and he cannot figure out a way around it? Oh wait, he did? You say he can take a bus? I have one word for this now...COWARD.

I have said in the past I liked the way he is handling things as well. I do not agree with how he is doing it any longer. I personally do not believe Royce has a solid understanding as to what anxiety truly is. He understands the concepts of what he going to hurt him when he researches it, but not what is going to help. I believe he looks at things too negatively and just keeps building on what he is doing. Notice when he got to Ames he only had anxiety, but now he has 2 or 3 disorders. I know the disorders are very related but he just adds more to it to make it looks like things are worse than they are.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron