Help: Reputation-neg repping

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
I for one am crazy happy that the negative rep is gone! I had some pretty hurtful things said to me via the negative rep. It was not right. I like the change. Now, if we can just do something about the overall font....

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It was removed for the same reason failing grades are no longer given to school children. It hurts feelings.

If we don't have neg rep, then it is really pointless to just have the positive rep. I + rep posters when they post something I really agree with or if they make a good point and I - rep people, mostly trolls, when I think they make an *** of themselves.

rep is totally worthless if all you can do is tell somebody good job but you can't call them out for being an idiot. Kinda like the PC world we live in that doesn't fail a kid in school because it will mess with his mind.

My 2 cts worth.......

+1

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
If we don't have neg rep, then it is really pointless to just have the positive rep. I + rep posters when they post something I really agree with or if they make a good point and I - rep people, mostly trolls, when I think they make an *** of themselves.

rep is totally worthless if all you can do is tell somebody good job but you can't call them out for being an idiot. Kinda like the PC world we live in that doesn't fail a kid in school because it will mess with his mind.

My 2 cts worth.......

looks like nasty-gram visitor messages is the only place left.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

My 2 cts worth.......

I think that there were some times when neg repping wasn't a bad idea, but I personally haven't given neg rep in about two and a half years. I have just always figured that I should just present a cohesive argument in a thread if I didn't like what they had to say, or wanted to subtly point out someone's flaws in logic. I also tend to PM someone if I feel that they're attacking others, or to report the post if I think that they're violating site rules.

All in all, negative rep was just more hassle for the moderators than it was worth.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Always looking for an angle, aren't you???

Sweet Caroline, oh,oh,oh........
Good times never felt so good.

j/k....I would never do it.

A couple of times I thought of Neg repping some visiting Hawks....but just couldn't do it.

I am all about John Lennon 'give peace a chance'

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006

It takes a tag team at this point.......
That's all you got?
mr-t.jpg
82329_Mr_T.jpg
MrT.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron