Help: Reputation-neg repping

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
ISU%20Chizik%20at%20podium.jpg

"Oh really!"

It takes a tag team at this point.......

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
Thanks for the update Jeremy; I'm still one of those that believes it needs to go bye-bye all together. :yes:

I kind of like it even though my boring posts seldom get rep. I'm just a lonely 3 or 4 green cuber.

I was going to ask about negative rep a week ago or so because I wanted to black flag somebody. I was afraid to push the rep icon for fear of giving him good rep instead.

It would be interesting for someone with bad rep to be limited from posting. Triple red would put them in the penalty box and they would have to sit out for a spell, of something like that.

Reactions: ISUKyro and Angie

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
If we don't have neg rep, then it is really pointless to just have the positive rep. I + rep posters when they post something I really agree with or if they make a good point and I - rep people, mostly trolls, when I think they make an *** of themselves.

rep is totally worthless if all you can do is tell somebody good job but you can't call them out for being an idiot. Kinda like the PC world we live in that doesn't fail a kid in school because it will mess with his mind.

My 2 cts worth.......

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Dang, this means I can't get my rep busted down for ridiculing Ed Wilson for yapping for 3 hours straight about a funnel cloud *possibly - yet not confirmed* rotating overhead of Colo or Minburn or Tinytown, Iowa while they're supposed to be showing a live event that can only be seen on their network. More reasonable options for showing weather warnings be damned.

I shant miss it.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I hate when some people openly post in a thread that they are giving rep like "+1", etc.

No one cares that you gave them rep and your comment adds nothing.

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I think most people have long moved on from the idea of rep being a valuable tool since it's too open to rep-bashing. The only reason it's still around is because a lot of people like to give people positive remarks regarding posts and it's valuable for that. For anything else it's pretty much useless.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'm glad it's gone. It's not about hurt feelings, it's about anonymity.

I do like the positive rep. It gives me the chance to compliment someone without having to derail the thread.

Reactions: Ms3r4ISU

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I pretty much never give out neg rep, but I noticed when I was repping some one else (positively) the neg rep thing disappeared. Any idea what happened to the neg rep function?
I feel privileged being one of the few that has received negative rep from you.:wink:

Reactions: cyismydog

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron