Question for Viking fans

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Why would a packer's fan know that Paul Allen does Vikings radio games? I couldn't even guess who does radio for the Packers. Just sayin'

Why wouldn't they? I know that Jeff Joniak is the Bears radio guy, and that Mitch Holthus does Chiefs games. Wayne Larrivee does Packer games.

Paul Allen may be a huge homer, but he calls a great game, and his calls get regular air on SportsCenter during the season.

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA
you guys are insane. some vikings fans drive me insane with their stupidity
1. T-Jack outplayed Gus by so much it was rediculous, should've been back starting by week 5
2. Jay Cutler is an idiot, don't care how good of an arm he has, not a winner
3. Favre is a proven winner, he got the job done in a very tough division last year with a much worse jets team and a torn shoulder muscle. how will he do worse with the vikings this year in a much easier division?

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
you guys are insane. some vikings fans drive me insane with their stupidity
1. T-Jack outplayed Gus by so much it was rediculous, should've been back starting by week 5
2. Jay Cutler is an idiot, don't care how good of an arm he has, not a winner
3. Favre is a proven winner, he got the job done in a very tough division last year with a much worse jets team and a torn shoulder muscle. how will he do worse with the vikings this year in a much easier division?

Farve is a proven wiener! (Fixed your mistake)

Would Rather see Sage start

Give me a guy who could complete more than 60% of his passes and the Vikes win the Super Bowl

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Favre would be top 10.

Favre is no longer a top 10 quarterback. I don't even know if his is in the top half of the league anymore. He might be better than anybody else the Vikings have, although if you just looked at their ability today and ignored all past history I think Sage might beat him out.

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007
if it means deep into the playoffs this year, then yes... but the odds of that happening are astronomical... so i'd rather have sage the rage... but that's just me...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Well favre will be in minnesota...so why are we having this convo

I agree.... so why is he stalling once again with any kind of decision then?

I'll tell you why... he LOVES the attention.... period. He loves to have his ego stroked big time. He loves everyone on their hands and knees begging him to come back.

Truth is however... he looks like an idiot and a big prima donna spoiled baby. And it will tear the Vikes apart at the seams... just wait.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I agree.... so why is he stalling once again with any kind of decision then?

I'll tell you why... he LOVES the attention.... period. He loves to have his ego stroked big time. He loves everyone on their hands and knees begging him to come back.

Truth is however... he looks like an idiot and a big prima donna spoiled baby. And it will tear the Vikes apart at the seams... just wait.

+1
Favre will play. He is also just drawing this out so he can miss out on training camp. He wants to play but doesn't want to go through camp.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Here's a blast from the past. I'll have to admit, I was not on board with Minnesota acquiring Favre. It nearly made me sick to think of it. Yet, here we are, 4 months later, and he's proven a ton of people wrong, including me.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Question for Viking fans --> Are you ready for the Cutler to destroy you?

(that should spark some discussion!)

Wait for it.... :biggrin:

Cutler is way better than Favre (currently)... and at least Cutler knows that he wants to play football.

The Vikes SHOULD have went after Cutler or Cassell IMO. The Vikes would definately be considered a SB caliber team with either of those 2 guys. Favre could potentially destroy this team.

I wanted Cutler, and, to be honest, I would take Vick.....just not Favre.

Favre is no longer a top 10 quarterback. I don't even know if his is in the top half of the league anymore. He might be better than anybody else the Vikings have, although if you just looked at their ability today and ignored all past history I think Sage might beat him out.

Uhhhhh no. Brett Favre does NOT make the Vikes the SB favorite. This guy is a mid level NFL QB right now... at best. He's probably not even better than Sage... it's close. He's not what you think he is.

Hilarity!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Looks like you really hit that nail on the head.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Thank goodness I didn't weigh in on this one or I'd be on the wall-of-shame as well! I didn't think he was "cooked" as evidenced by the fact I drafted him as a back-up in my 14-team fantasy league, but I certainly didn't see these results coming! It's still my hope that the Packers make it into the playoffs as a wild-card and get a third shot at Brett & Company...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Well, my point in bumping this thread was not to call out individual posters for their statements. My point was to show how wrong the vast majority of us were when Favre signed. Brett has proven nearly everyone wrong. Any person who says that they predicted the season he is having is flat out lying.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Here's a blast from the past. I'll have to admit, I was not on board with Minnesota acquiring Favre. It nearly made me sick to think of it. Yet, here we are, 4 months later, and he's proven a ton of people wrong, including me.
Yep...bastard. :wink:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron