Pres. Leath Comments on Rhoads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
At least he is a Cyclone instead of a Hogey wanting to be a Clone.

What is the obsession with using the terms hok, squawk, and now Hogey? Does that make you feel better? I just kinda feel like it makes you seem very unintelligent. It certainly doesn't hurt my feelings if that's what you're going after.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
I will beat your Squawks again next year Cap'n Kirk. I own you. Lucky you play in such a terrible conference and such a terrible division. :smile:

You probably will beat the Hawks, and then there's a good chance you'll also be looking for a job a year from now.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
What is the obsession with using the terms hok, squawk, and now Hogey? Does that make you feel better? I just kinda feel like it makes you seem very unintelligent. It certainly doesn't hurt my feelings if that's what you're going after.

WHY are you here?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

I dunno, same as Cyclown or Moo U?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
This.

What in that statement makes you think Pollard will "refuse to fire Rhoads no matter how bad we are"??

Because he wasn't going to fire Greg after the 2009-2010 season, and he didn't fire Rhoads after this year. Both programs had multiple years of unacceptable results and Pollard made public rants defending each coach. With Gmac it was the transfer rant, with Rhoads the officiating rant this year.

He fired Dan McCarney and Wayne Morgan for seasons that were better than multiple years that either McD or Rhoads turned in.

The evidence is on my side.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Because he wasn't going to fire Greg after the 2009-2010 season, and he didn't fire Rhoads after this year. Both programs had multiple years of unacceptable results and Pollard made public rants defending each coach. With Gmac it was the transfer rant, with Rhoads the officiating rant this year.

He fired Dan McCarney and Wayne Morgan for seasons that were better than multiple years that either McD or Rhoads turned in.

The evidence is on my side.

He wasn't very loyal to Morgan and McCarney because they weren't his hires. If he had to fire PR then he's admitting he made a mistake.

SEIowaCyclone

Dec 7, 2014
What Leath did was not what a good leader does. He may have reason to feel the way he does and that's fine but you keep it behind closed doors, keep your mouth shut and don't further cripple an already challenging situation by making Public comments like this.
He should have made no statement or if pressed, just said something like "we will evaluate the program this time next year as we do with all our athletic programs and make decisions accordingly."
He threw CPR under the bus and whether you like CPR or not, Leath just kicked one of CPRs legs out from under him making next year even more challenging. Horrible PR move by Leath, who came across as pretty arrogant on the video I saw of him when he took the job. Not good Leadership by him!

Good post.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN

Hey, it's your team that has the Hog loving ANF stickers on their helmets and p.s., I could give a **** less about your feelings.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
So why don't you leave here and head on over to the Hawkeye websites and rail about how YOU should be fired Cap'n Kirk?

I've shared my opinion over there just like I've shared it here. I believe both coaches tenures have run their course. I'm also realistic enough to understand that neither is going to be fired this offseason so railing about it isn't going to do any good.

What I don't understand is how you immediately throw Leath under the bus, but continue to show the patience of a monk in regards to CPR's performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron