Pres. Leath Comments on Rhoads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Leath gets rid of VEISHEA. Handles Bubu incident terribly. Time to fire him.

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
Its pretty obvious that the only people in this thread that are ok with Leaths comments are the ones that want him canned. I normally wouldn't mind that but obviously aren't looking at the bigger picture here

Dr. Leath's comments were planned, the words were carefully chosen and the Athletic Department was made aware in advance. The football failures had to be addressed. The President isn't concerned with the Class of 2015 recruits. He's responsible for the next decade, not just the next year, and the university, alumni and donors expected to hear his approach. Dr. Leath is not on the hot seat because the team was awful. He spoke as a leader and businessman. I appreciate and agree with his statements.

Nov 16, 2006
Dr. Leath's comments were planned, the words were carefully chosen and the Athletic Department was made aware in advance. The football failures had to be addressed. The President isn't concerned with the Class of 2015 recruits. He's responsible for the next decade, not just the next year, and the university, alumni and donors expected to hear his approach. Dr. Leath is not on the hot seat because the team was awful. He spoke as a leader and businessman. I appreciate and agree with his statements.

Exactly!

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Leath's comments were planned about as well as he planned concerning the Bubu incident.

http://amestrib.com/news/men-s-basketball-leath-addresses-palo-situation

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I think Leath knows that Pollard will refuse to fire Rhoads no matter how bad we are, so he's letting everyone know that he's taking this into his own hands.

I'm not a huge Leath fan, but I like this move. Pollard has to hold his coaches his accountable. In a decade leading our AD, he has yet to do so, and his blind support of Rhoads gives little reason to believe he will ever do so.

This is pretty silly. JP has said time and time again that he feels the one thing ISU has got to do is not fire coaches at the same pace/rate as other schools. That ISU just cannot operate like other schools and fire coaches after a few rough years. It's got keep programs in tact and not blow them up every couple years.

People can disagree with him all they want, I happen to agree with JP, but it's insulting to say JP just won't fire CPR because they are buddies or because JP is just to stubborn. He's smarter than that and everyone should know it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This is pretty silly. JP has said time and time again that he feels the one thing ISU has got to do is not fire coaches at the same pace/rate as other schools. That ISU just cannot operate like other schools and fire coaches after a few rough years. It's got keep programs in tact and not blow them up every couple years.

People can disagree with him all they want, I happen to agree with JP, but it's insulting to say JP just won't fire CPR because they are buddies or because JP is just to stubborn. He's smarter than that and everyone should know it.
So can I get those lottery numbers for this weekend?

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
Leath's comments were planned about as well as he planned concerning the Bubu incident.

http://amestrib.com/news/men-s-basketball-leath-addresses-palo-situation

This guy...

How can you possibly say Leath is in over his head, but maintain faith in your belief that Rhoads isn't?

Results are what impact recruits decisions the most. Even a recruit with a pea sized brain could look at ISU's record from the past two seasons and realize that there's a very good chance Rhoads isn't going to be in Ames much longer. I don't see why anyone is acting like Leath just let the cat out of the bag. The answer has been written on the wall in bold print for quite some time.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006

Tell that to Morgan, who got canned after one mediocre year.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This guy...

How can you possibly say Leath is in over his head, but maintain faith in your belief that Rhoads isn't?

Results are what impact recruits decisions the most. Even a recruit with a pea sized brain could look at ISU's record from the past two seasons and realize that there's a very good chance Rhoads isn't going to be in Ames much longer. I don't see why anyone is acting like Leath just let the cat out of the bag. The answer has been written on the wall in bold print for quite some time.

From the front page Cyclone Fanatic article:

“It just felt like a great fit,” Leath, 290-pounds of Coffeyville Community College told CycloneFanatic.com. “They run the same defense that we do now at Coffeyville. It just felt like a great fit. I’ve known Wally Burnham ever since high school. He also recruited my brother when he was at Florida State. I know him really well. He and my old high school coach are great friends.”And why wouldn’t a JUCO defensive tackle want to attend Iowa State? After a season in which the Cyclones finished ranked 119th out of 125 D-1 teams against the run, playing time should be plentiful for JUCO defensive linemen in Ames in 2015.
“How they were talking made it sound like I can be an impact guy,” Leath said. “They had a rough season this year but they were so young. Everybody has to bounce back. I think we’ll be good.”
Iowa State’s staff also pitched that Leathwould be teaming up with Demond Tucker, the nation’s top ranked junior college defensive tackle, who committed to Iowa State early last week.
“They just want us together to cause chaos,” Leath said.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
There are people on here that probably hate the way Leath chews his gum. He can never do anything right for these people.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
Leath became President of ISU in January 2012. The football program started going downhill from then on. Fire Leath.
Because correlation always equals causation.
rs500usoilproduction1.jpg

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So, the university president acknowledges the dissent prevalent in open forums like CF when asked a question about it, and that hurts recruiting? Sorry, but any potential recruit can look at this site for five minutes and realize that Rhoads needs to turn things around next year or else they'll be playing for somebody else. Glib comments by Leath are more likely to be quickly forgotten than they are to have any demonstrable negative impact whatsoever.

This.

I think Leath knows that Pollard will refuse to fire Rhoads no matter how bad we are, so he's letting everyone know that he's taking this into his own hands.

I'm not a huge Leath fan, but I like this move. Pollard has to hold his coaches his accountable. In a decade leading our AD, he has yet to do so, and his blind support of Rhoads gives little reason to believe he will ever do so.

“In the end, we’ve got to get better,” Pollard said. “It’s a game of results. Coach knows that, I know that, everybody knows that. But, we’re closer to it than I think we’re further away, and we look forward to continuing to climb that mountain.”

What in that statement makes you think Pollard will "refuse to fire Rhoads no matter how bad we are"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron