Percy Gibson transferring

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Judging by your post count you're relatively new here, so you strike me as being the kind of guy who craves attention, in this case with a classic "LOOK AT ME" post
Congrats, mission accomplished.

Anyway, I wonder if he'll maybe head to Dayton. He did originally sign with them.

exactly. Not as if Percy did anything to hurt the team, on or off the court. Totally pointless/clueless post.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I have to say I actually am surprised since he only has one left to play. I could understand transferring more after last year. Anyway, I wish him the best!

It may not have been his "choice". Not that they came right out and told him to leave, but the writing was on the wall.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
pretty sure he played as a true freshmen so he still has a RS to burn
Yep, one more example of red shirt or no red shirt four year player deciding to transfer. Looks like having a good college teams should have a two year event horizon with all the switching.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
I really don't think the scholarship percy is giving up is going to be that big of a deal. Doubtful that we are going to sign 3 players via transfer between now and next year. The only thing that it can possibly add is if we happen to sign two and have an open one for a mid year signee.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Good luck to Percy. He seemed very well liked on the team but just didn't fit the system. With McKay coming in, the emergence of Hogue and Fred starting to look to Edozie over him, I think this has been a long time coming.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
It may not have been his "choice". Not that they came right out and told him to leave, but the writing was on the wall.

If this was the case, I would think we would have targets in mind before the announcement to fill the scholly. Considering we don't seem to have the players lined up to fill our previously existing openings, I wonder what the staff has up their sleeves?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If this was the case, I would think we would have targets in mind before the announcement to fill the scholly. Considering we don't seem to have the players lined up to fill our previously existing openings, I wonder what the staff has up their sleeves?

I'm not sure we don't already have some people in mind, but there's nothing to lose by Percy leaving. Edozie fills the spot for a big body to play when there is foul trouble

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Not knowing anything about where he is academically, obviously, but if I'm Percy I try to graduate early if at all possible so I can be immediately eligible somewhere. His value will increase significantly if that is the case.

Yeah, hopefully that is the case. I know Percy was academic all-conference last year. If he has been taking summer classes since he arrived it is definitely possible.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Depends on what you define as "hearing anything bad about him". Certainly not from a morality standpoint. Coaching staff tried to light a fire under his butt multiple times though. He just had a really bad work ethic from a basketball standpoint. They tried to fix it and couldn't. Some kids just don't love the sport. It's not for everyone. Royce is a good example. Royce just happened to be 100x more talented than PG. Neither one really likes bball though.

LizEyeRoll-1.gif

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
It looks like ESPN is wrong on our starting 5 next year.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncb.../post/_/id/9374/recruit-and-return-iowa-state

(Insider Article)

Had Morris, Thomas, Hogue, Niang and Gibson as the starting 5.
ESPN must have missed the two NCAA tournament games that Edozie started over Gibson. Gibson was not going to be a starter next year. I also think there is a good chance Niang stays at the 5 and we keep an offense very similar to what we saw this year.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not really sure what happened to PG along the way, but he never really got any better than he was as a freshman, maybe got worse. Seems like a good kid and he will probably land somewhere he fits better. I was really hopeful that this was the year that he stepped up his game. Unfortunately, what Fred needed out of reserve post players this year was tough, defense minded guys.

troyisu

Jan 13, 2011
Waukee
Never heard a bad thing about Percy...just think he got into the Booker syndrome where others progressed more quickly around them. Best of luck elsewhere...