Percy Gibson transferring

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Also, I now fully expect one 5th year immediate transfer and two transfers who have to sit out now. Buddy system like every other year before this one.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Not knowing anything about where he is academically, obviously, but if I'm Percy I try to graduate early if at all possible so I can be immediately eligible somewhere. His value will increase significantly if that is the case.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Thank god.

Judging by your post count you're relatively new here, so you strike me as being the kind of guy who craves attention, in this case with a classic "LOOK AT ME" post
Congrats, mission accomplished.

Anyway, I wonder if he'll maybe head to Dayton. He did originally sign with them.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not knowing anything about where he is academically, obviously, but if I'm Percy I try to graduate early if at all possible so I can be immediately eligible somewhere. His value will increase significantly if that is the case.

I think it's probably hard enough for basketball players to graduate in 4 years, let alone 3. Even with summer classes and such.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm curious to see what kind of interest he gets. I still think he can be a good player at a good school.

Dayton, Oakland, Marquette, Ohio would be the schools I would think would like to get him

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Also, I now fully expect one 5th year immediate transfer and two transfers who have to sit out now. Buddy system like every other year before this one.

This is the way I see it to. You can only play so many players so there might not be anything better than having the luxury of having 1-2 proven players redshirt every year to fill holes immediately

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

i'm guessing there's one more high school player coming in with Custer that's not Cunningham (SG), Dejean-Jones and a junior transfer post player

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
Kind of a shame he didn't see the writing on the wall after last year. Transferring senior is tough given his lack of pt since he got here.

CornFedIABoy

Jan 8, 2014
He's a good kid who's skills didn't grow as fast as the program did around him. I wish him the best, he'll be a good teammate wherever he ends up.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Good luck to Percy wherever he goes. Seemed to have a good attitude.

Interesting fact though. Had he stayed for his senior year and ISU made the NCAA Tournament next year, he would have been the first and thus far only player in school history to go the NCAA tournament in all 4 years at ISU.

I had thought about that and was hoping he was going to stay to do that

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have to say I actually am surprised since he only has one left to play. I could understand transferring more after last year. Anyway, I wish him the best!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Graduating in three years without that being the original plan is probably a pipe dream.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
i'm guessing there's one more high school player coming in with Custer that's not Cunningham (SG), Dejean-Jones and a junior transfer post player

I'd bet a lot of money we don't take a high school player.

JUCO is more likely, but still unlikely IMO.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I'm not shocked. I thought he was going to transfer last season. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.