Percy Gibson transferring

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm curious to see what kind of interest he gets. I still think he can be a good player at a good school.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I had a feeling this was coming. He played some good minutes when he got in but wasn't getting the PT he probably was hoping for. Wish him the best!

dswagclone

Mar 30, 2010
I just figured he enjoyed being apart of the team and getting his education. Can't blame him if he wanted to get pt elsewhere. Good luck to him.

Depends on what you define as "hearing anything bad about him". Certainly not from a morality standpoint. Coaching staff tried to light a fire under his butt multiple times though. He just had a really bad work ethic from a basketball standpoint. They tried to fix it and couldn't. Some kids just don't love the sport. It's not for everyone. Royce is a good example. Royce just happened to be 100x more talented than PG. Neither one really likes bball though.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'm curious to see what kind of interest he gets. I still think he can be a good player at a good school.

I agree. I could see him with a starting role and being a solid producer at a MAC school.

Wish him well and he had his academics in order.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Good luck to Percy at his next school.

It's too bad he didn't pan out the way we all hoped. He showed some great promise his first year. But to his credit, during the last two seasons when he saw less and less of the floor, he remained a good teammate. During shots of the bench or postgame videos, he was clearly excited for the rest of the team and quietly put in his time without being a distraction. That's more than you can ask for someone in his situation. Hats off to the big man!

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Hopefully he finds a good place for him to fit in. Maybe even finds his right hand along the way.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Not surprised. I really thought he showed some flashes of promise as a freshman and as a sophomore, then this last year he just kind of disappeared. Seemed like a good teammate all the time though. Tough to transfer for only your senior year, but maybe a smaller school will be better for him. Wish him luck and I hope he gets an opportunity.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Yeah, he has a redshirt left for a transfer year.

The way he faded off after a promising freshman campaign really baffles me. I know he had better players recruited over him, but still.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Depends on what you define as "hearing anything bad about him". Certainly not from a morality standpoint. Coaching staff tried to light a fire under his butt multiple times though. He just had a really bad work ethic from a basketball standpoint. They tried to fix it and couldn't. Some kids just don't love the sport. It's not for everyone. Royce is a good example. Royce just happened to be 100x more talented than PG. Neither one really likes bball though.
lolwut

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

I think you quoted the wrong post.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

There is a big range between living/breathing/sleeping basketball and "not liking" basketball.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Nothing against Percy but he was playing along side Royce his freshman season. If Royce wasn't drawing attention away from Percy, he was setting him up down low with his assists. Royce leaving hurt Percy. I think Percy can go and be very productive somewhere else and wish him all the luck in the world but I figured he probably wouldn't get many minutes next year (and he probably thought so too so that's why he made the decision). Again best of luck to him. I hope he makes the most of his next situation.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Just wasn't a great fit in Fred's system. Seemed like a good teammate. I never heard a bad word about him outside of the message boards. Hopefully he finds a good fit somewhere else and succeeds. I hope to hear his name mentioned on another roster in the NCAA tourney in a couple years.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
Seemed like a great guy. Wish him the best.

Also, we already knew this, but this is proof that McKay and Nader are going to be good. Percy probably felt there was no way he could beat out those guys for playing time.

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
Good luck to Percy wherever he goes. Seemed to have a good attitude.

Interesting fact though. Had he stayed for his senior year and ISU made the NCAA Tournament next year, he would have been the first and thus far only player in school history to go the NCAA tournament in all 4 years at ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron