Our Kicking Game is a Joke.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We need someone other than the kicker last week kicking extra points on the road against Mizzou. Sorry, he may not be consistent enough kicker for the pros. Those two last week looked like rockets going haywire. That is what someone out of the stands could do.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Yeah, I was trying to find out if Guyer was hurt. It doesn't make sense Mahoney was in there for the second one.

I think it may have been the coach's way to try to build up his confidence and get Mahoney's head back into the game . . . ugh, that didn't work so well.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I distinctly remember hearing CPR say in a preseason interview, that he charted all the kicks himself. The only thing to do now is call open tryouts and buy new graph paper.

Does anyone have video of the extra points to show what actually happened? We are quick to jump on the kicker, but it could have been the snap or the hold.

[Mods, you may want to merge the other thread I started asking the same thing.]

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The missed extra points had no bearing on the game, so to me its a mute point.

The Mute people of the world might be offended by that. They didn't cause our kicking woes.

But it does matter, because the kicking game at ISU has been a joke over the years. It has cost us games in the past and will cost us games in the future as well.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
At what point do the coaches give Kirby a shot? I know punting and place kicking are two different animals but why not at least see what kind of leg KVK has? What's the worst that could happen? We are already shanking kicks at an impressive pace.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Drop kick is the only answer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Jsz-fSNd4"]Doug Flutie Drop Kick w/sound - YouTube[/ame]

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Re: find a walk on kicker

I am completely serious. bench both of the kickers and find someone else. High school kickers can kick extra points without a Tee.
Not just high school kickers. Truly, 99% of people on this board could go to your local field and make 10/10 XPs right now and I'm not exaggerating. It's almost hard to miss one (TV makes it look harder than it is). Yes, there is a lot more pressure on these guys but come on, they've been playing in front of crowds for how many years now?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Not just high school kickers. Truly, 99% of people on this board could go to your local field and make 10/10 XPs right now and I'm not exaggerating. It's almost hard to miss one (TV makes it look harder than it is). Yes, there is a lot more pressure on these guys but come on, they've been playing in front of crowds for how many years now?

I doubt it, even without any pressure. I could kick a FG up to about 35 yards in college, but I'd guess that I could do 8 of 10 with nobody around.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I would pay alot of money to watch the "pro" kickers from this site go and kick field goals with no tee.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I typically laugh at jokes. Our kicking game has only made me cry for roughly 25 years.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If we would have lost by 1 or 2 points then I would be worried, but they were a non-factor in the Baylor game.
1262526304910.jpg

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
If we would have lost by 1 or 2 points then I would be worried, but they were a non-factor in the Baylor game.

Yeah, not worried about Hilton flooding either. I mean it is a long way from the river.....oh wait.

Not worried about getting hit by a car either so I am just not going to look when I cross the street because it hasnt happend yet.

You are right.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron