*** Official IOWA STATE VS #2 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Calling this a meltdown is a very overdramatic reaction.
There's plenty of room to call this a great game yet criticize the terrible plays down the stretch.

100% this. There was a lot of improvement for 90% of the game, but as long as our late game offense devolves to what it does, the end result will be the same, and that's ultimately what matters.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
The look isn't necessarily the issue. The issue is they don't have a play. It looks like Prohm just says Monte go make a play.

Its the same thing Hoiberg did when he was here. See the UNC game (go win the game Kane), the WVU game (go win the game Will).

• Winner
Reactions: stateofmind

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
The way we were hitting threes. I can't believe they didn't draw up a outside shot off a screen. But maybe that's what they were suppose to do but screwed it up. If you look at it again Burton and Naz looked confused.

Something was definitely off. Like I said earlier, Idk if Prohm is that great at drawing up plays, but I don't think it involved 4 guys standing in place.

• Funny
Reactions: socalcy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Because its still a loss, caused by the same problems that have given us other losses. We change up our approach in the last couple minutes, and it costs us.

Not really. It's still a loss. But the team has put together 3 really good halves of basketball. That's new.

Sorry, but a bunch of dumbass fans that were predicting that we'd lose by 15-20 shouldn't be that upset about a 2 point loss.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and CyTwins

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
We hit the glass on the defensive end and it gave us a chance to win the game. That's a big time positive. Obviously need to finish and a get a better look at the end but that's on Steve.

We need Matt to get going.....

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
1. Proud of the effort tonight and that it was a game. I figured this would be a blowout.
2. Why do we stop playing in the last 3 mins like we did in the first 37 mins? Frustrating.
3. If we knew how to finish games we'd have wins over Baylor, Gonzaga, and Cincy.
4. Terrible shots by both Baylor and us on our last possessions, but Baylor got lucky and hit theirs. We're still ISU.
5. Finally, I've never thought Morris was an NBA caliber player, and this game certainly did not help that thought at all. He's done a LOT for ISU and I'll always appreciate him for that, I just don't think he has the body or the game for the NBA.

Reactions: Go2Guy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I highly doubt Prohm was in the huddle going "Alright guys, let's wing it." Baylor defended the last play extremely well. Our half court offense down the stretch wasn't significantly different than it was all game, we unfortunately couldn't make our shots. Losing this way sucks, but there's a lot to build off from tonight. I feel much better about the rest of conference play.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
The way we were hitting threes. I can't believe they didn't draw up a outside shot off a screen. But maybe that's what they were suppose to do but screwed it up. If you look at it again Burton and Naz looked confused.
Agree. We need to go for 3 there. We shot 10-22 from 3 and 14-39 from 2. They were begging us to hit threes all night.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's amazing that after 5 years of success people still settle for moral victories

Who is settling? I'm a fan. I don't ******* affect the game. You don't.

I assume the players are pissed and disappointed and think they are worthless like you do. I don't have to think that.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Is it me, or did we play better than 95% of you predicted, and CF still complains? Hell of an effort, fell short. Play like that in the next 7 and we'll win every one.

Exactly. I'm betting the people whining after the team played a great game on the road at #2 are the same ones who predicted a blowout.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
That seems to be the case it looks like the players did not execute the play called.